Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get materials for re-wicking a phoenix rebuildable atomizer?

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys, so I'm looking in to getting a phoenix atty from e-smoke ireland. I'm going to try my hand at wicking with stainless steel and cotton as that seems to be a very effective method. Do any of you do this? If so, what is your method and where can I buy the materials required to do this?

Thanks guys. Off the cigs for almost two months now, feels awesome to be able to breathe again :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

andreivanov86 at gmail.com

email that guy, he has wick. pretty sure he still sells wire. he's in ireland so it should come quick enough
    think its 8 euro for 10m wick, 5 euro for 10m wire

if he doesnt sell wire.. terry0769 on ukvapers, or you'd get some nichrome .20/.15 on ebay fairly easy

--edit

didnt even read your post properly

mesh is probably best from themeshcompany, either their website or their ebay store. 400 or 325 mesh will do. 325 is for high vg juices so 400 should do you.

try andre for wire, otherwise terry0769 on ukvapers.org or ebay for that stuff

if you're going to be using stainless steel you'll want kanthal instead of nichrome. .20 or .15 should do, .20 will give lower resistance coils and .15 will give standard

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭craiclad

Awesome! What type of wick does andre sell? I'm trying to stay away from silica because of the potential health hazards.

its fibreglass you want to avoid, silica is fine. it's much more tightly wound and when it's wet with juice its fibres are going nowhere

andre sells silica anyway, it's good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I should be receiving some wire and mesh soon, when it comes you can have some if you want.

Hey grindle, that would be amazing! How much did you order and what type? Also, I have a lot of juice and cartos and other stuff I could throw your way if you're up for a trade.

• Advertisement

craiclad wrote: »
    Hey grindle, that would be amazing! How much did you order and what type? Also, I have a lot of juice and cartos and other stuff I could throw your way if you're up for a trade.
    32x24.5cm of 400 ss mesh, 200 metres of Kanthal D (the main difference between Kanthal D and A-1 is A-1 can get to 1400c before melting, D goes to 1300c. Not worth double the price for an 8% increase in heat stability, at a heat ecigs don't go to without something else blowing up or bursting into flames).

How much of what do you want?

I'm not sure, just enough for a few wicks and coils as ill most likely mess up a few times before I get it right... What sort of setup do you use? I only have an ego twist, so I need something on the low res side of things... Also, do you use a multimeter or something similar to test resistance before you use? I can't afford one but still obviously don't want my pv exploding in my face...

you'll want a multimeter
    have a look on ebay for a cheap one.

especially when you're just starting out with rebuildables, you'll want a multimeter.

http://alba-vapours.co.uk/mesh-kanthal-wire

huh, pretty cheap here at alba vapours

they tend to have pretty fast shipping to Ireland too

I'm not sure, just enough for a few wicks and coils as ill most likely mess up a few times before I get it right... What sort of setup do you use? I only have an ego twist, so I need something on the low res side of things... Also, do you use a multimeter or something similar to test resistance before you use? I can't afford one but still obviously don't want my pv exploding in my face...
    What Digby says. Get a multimeter, unless you're gonna buy the Lavatube that checks ohms (Lavatube is my ohm-checker).

To put the amounts into perspective, 3m of Kanthal would make 93 x 2.4 ohm coils.

Four 2x2 cm of ss mesh would make Phoenix-sized wicks (maybe too big, actually) that'll last a year if you dry burn them clean when they get gunked.

The price of that much isn't worth asking anything for, really - consider it a "Two months! Woo!" gift.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I think you're right... I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy a multimeter. moneys kinda tight but it'l be worth it to know that I'm not going to wreck my battery or have something blow up on me.

Also, thank you so much for the offer of wire and mesh! I really appreciate that, i'll obviously cover postage unless you're in dublin in which case I could collect it if you're comfortable with that.

What sort of juice do you normally vape?

Ok, so I think you're right... I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy a multimeter. moneys kinda tight but it'l be worth it to know that I'm not going to wreck my battery or have something blow up on me.

Also, thank you so much for the offer of wire and mesh! I really appreciate that, i'll obviously cover postage unless you're in dublin in which case I could collect it if you're comfortable with that.

What sort of juice do you normally vape?
    In Cork, laaaaad.

Covering the cost of postage is a waste of a PayPal, and I've too much juice... Wait... Unless you've got something spectacular I've never tasted before. Have you? I'd take 3mls of an amazing, mindblowing juice I've never had before, no matter what type.

grindle wrote: »
    In Cork, laaaaad.

Covering the cost of postage is a waste of a PayPal, and I've too much juice... Wait... Unless you've got something spectacular I've never tasted before. Have you? I'd take 3mls of an amazing, mindblowing juice I've never had before, no matter what type.

I wouldn't say I have anything particularly amazing... I'm still in the process of finding that perfect all day vape, but along the way I have accumulated a lot of fruity flavors. The nicest I have tried is definitely the 'atomic cinnacide' from tasty vapor. Its pretty tasty, but unfortunately I just vaped the last of it a few days ago... Most of my stuff Is pretty low nic (Between 11 and 0). I could send you a few mls of cherry cola if youd like, I found it kind of hit and miss though... Currently I'm vaping the cherry cola mixed with a little peach from pixie juice. It works until I get my order from vapedudes, I kinda wish I didnt spend so much money on menthol and caramel flavors though...

Anyways, let me know if you'd like it! Or if my mum can spare some of the cinnacide I would definitely send that down.

Cherry cola and peach... Sounds... Weeeeeird. :p
    I'm okay for cherries/cola/peach though -I've a lot of DIY supplies.
    Don't deprive your mother of cinnacide - you'd be a bad son.
    Whenever the stuff comes (hoping Monday/Tuesday) I'll post it to you, PM your address.

It is kinda strange, but they're both pretty sweet so it kind of evens out. Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Advertisement