Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy pains?

Options
  • 05-10-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey folks,

Quick post to ask a question... I've been getting pains, sharp stabbing lower down in my cervix kind of pains. Almost like gas pains during a period. They can be strong enough to stop me walking, catch my breath and wake me from sleep.

Even so I would consider them mild to moderate and they are happening at random times. Also I seem to have had green discharge for the past few months. My doctor diagnosed me with BV but now that I'm pregnant I'm worried and my doctor doesn't seem to be concerned and thinks that they will screen me at my first appointment in the hospital. The BV didn't settle down after medication (twice) My first appointment is still over a month away.

Should I be concerned about the pains? The discharge? Should I be ringing the hospital for an emergancy appointment or should I be putting the feet up and forgetting about it for a few weeks?

The doctor didn't screen me during my recent smear test for STD's and she had given medication for Chlamydia, just in case - luckily I didn't take it at the time because I found out I was pregnant.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If I were you I'd go into the early pregnancy unit to get checked out. I had to go in twice as a precaution during my pregnancy and the nurses were very reassuring. Thankfully all was fine, but they insisted I was right to come in for peace of mind anyway.

Medical advise cant be given on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Exactly as Neyite said. No medical advice can be given. Please contact your local maternity hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement