Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes on Condell Road

Options
  • 05-10-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Over the last few nights I have come across two foxes,not together, on the Condell road.Its a nice thing to see so close to a large town.Any other sightings at other locations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Ya i passed them on arthurs day night myself! Was pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Saw a fox about 2 months ago crossing the road form the Gaelic Grounds to the side of the old O'Mara motors. Was a very strange spot to see a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Foxes are quite common in urban areas believe it or not.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/factsheets/fox/index.html

Often see foxes, badgers and even pheasants in and around the Clonmacken, Condell road and Coonagh areas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Over the last few nights I have come across two foxes,not together, on the Condell road.Its a nice thing to see so close to a large town.Any other sightings at other locations?

We were chatting about that in the Waffle thread a few weeks ago. Check the posts in and around this one as well: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80828135 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Regularly had foxes in the back garden when we rented on the North Circular Road a few years back, very cool to see, hadn't ever before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Had a fox walk into my driveway one night Fr. Russell rd area
    and start to play with my cats. Spotted him in the drive and went out to him
    where he showed no fear and came almost (but not quite) right up to me to eat from a dish in my hand. The weird thing was my cats (have a few) started to surround the fox and almost bullied it which was surprising that they showed no fear towards him. Heard it said that Fox's behave more like Cats than they do like dogs. Poor fella stank like crazy could smell him from a few feet away.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Seen a baby fox near my house in shannon last year, even managed to take his photo :)
    Also seen one by clonmacken roundabout when it was all snowy and icy, looked cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Not so lovely if they are in around your garden crapping everywhere and having kids out playing in the garden then.

foxes are common enough in urban areas now and dont even hunt anymore with the easy food then can get from bins and they become unafraid of humans.

There was one who comes out in my home town every weekend outside the nightclub around 3am and feasts on all the food/vomit on the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Saw one crossing at the zebra crossing before the bridge heading into corbally a few weeks ago, was quite a sight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw a fox about a week ago who darted out in front of me on the Newport road late at night. Let's just say he was not in a position to do much after meeting me. Bump Bump :rolleyes:

No damage to car, bit of blood maybe but he was only a small fox. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Groody

Saw one at about 8.30 last night in Suil na Habhainn (sp?) Mill Road in Corbally, he was rambling around front gardens oblivious to a group of teenagers about 50 metres from him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rushian

Groody wrote: »
    Saw one at about 8.30 last night in Suil na Habhainn (sp?) Mill Road in Corbally, he was rambling around front gardens oblivious to a group of teenagers about 50 metres from him!!

Yeah I often see one near the shop in meadowbrook on Mill Road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

A friend of mine who keeps chickens lost three of them Friday night. There was evidence of yellow feathers and small splashes of blood outside the coop. No questioning who may have paid a visit.

I do like the fox but if I kept animals or poultry I doubt I'd be too keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I have a Fox that visits the house everyday, He usually come in the evening and lies on the grass until someone sees him and goes out to feed him. Lately he has figured out how to activate the sensor light so we will know he is there.
    He gets the scraps from the dinner and any old eggs. We can feed him by hand but do not touch him.
    Rightly or wrongly we started feeding him now and are a source of food for him so we will have to keep it up.

Advertisement