Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a virus please

Options
  • 05-10-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭

I cannot open my browsers (Firefox and IE) using desktop icons. I only managed to get online using a link from an email. My email program (WLM) is working fine. I am using AVG and Malwarebytes. I did a full AVG scan which did not show any problems. I cannot run or update Malwarebytes. If I click on a link I get a yellow warning icon and I cannot get onto the site. I tried re-installing it from CNet, it appears to download but the program won't open. I cannot open any program from the 'All programs' list. My OS is W7. Any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

As it is booting up press F8 and then choose to boot into safe mode with networking. Malware bytes should then be able to install and then allow it to get the latest updates then run a scan (you may have to boot normally)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Yeppydeppy, that worked !!
    Managed to install and scan with Malawarebytes and everything is back to normal. The offending item was something called PupBundleIns. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

np

Advertisement