Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shirt and Tie advice required!

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Urgent advice required! I have a wedding tomorrow on the UK and am just packing now, however I will bw wearing a light grey suit (i'm male!) What shirt and tie should I wear, I had a white shirt with a diagonal striped tie packed but I'm unsure now; it looks a bit light! Should I be wearing a darker shirt, like black with a black tie or is that very 5 years ago?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Plain White fitted shirt, Deep Blue Tie or other variants of single colour tie.

No stripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

pink shirt/black tie with grey suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

DaDartle wrote: »
    Really? I do have both, wouldn't have dreamed of putting them together! and this would be with a light grey suit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DaDartle wrote: »

its a wedding dont do the black tie thing.

pink can work yes, but everyone wears pink with a grey suit to weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

mattb74 wrote: »
    Really? I do have both, wouldn't have dreamed of putting them together! and this would be with a light grey suit

Yeah, it's one of the classic combinations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

you can wear any plain coloured shirt with a grey suit. The tie then becomes important for integrating the two, a multicoloured tie that compliments the plain coloured shirt and the grey suit is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd go for white shirt and a coloured tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

White Shirt Pink Tie.

Hi all, back again with the same question!, father going to daughters communion this time. Again, light grey suit, any shirt and tie recommendations would be appreciated please, any changes in fashion in the last two years that I should be aware of?! Also, what shoes would you go for?, black, light brown or dark brown. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Any tips would be most appreciated. Was thinking slim light grey suit, white shirt, classic blue tie with tan shoes. Does this sound ok?

Sounds lovely, go for it

Advertisement