Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning report - Now that is public service radio

Options
  • 05-10-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Absolutely brilliant example yesterday of why RTE is your only man when it comes to public service radio radio. A certain fisherman told a certain presenter on morning report that there would be over 100 crates of monkfish going free on Kilmore quay this morning. The sleeping irish were briefly awakened to the fact of the european occupation of our territory and a self chose few RTE1 listeners now have a freezer full of monkfish.

Of course if this were America that chatty fisherman would now be facing infinite detention and the morning report presenter would be in a certain south american embassy in London facing scandinavian sex charges. No, none of that here. Files are being sent to the director of public prostitution God I love this place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

mbur wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant example yesterday of why RTE is your only man when it comes to public service radio radio. A certain fisherman told a certain presenter on morning report that there would be over 100 crates of monkfish going free on Kilmore quay this morning. The sleeping irish were briefly awakened to the fact of the european occupation of our territory and a self chose few RTE1 listeners now have a freezer full of monkfish.

Of course if this were America that chatty fisherman would now be facing infinite detention and the morning report presenter would be in a certain south american embassy in London facing scandinavian sex charges. No, none of that here. Files are being sent to the director of public prostitution God I love this place.

Always comparing other countries and situations to take the harm out of the actions of fishermen who catch more than their quota. I'm delighted that something has been done as this was going on wholesale . No wonder a cod in a restaurant will cost a much as a t bone steak given supply and demand. The fact is that monkfish stocks are being hammered and as we saw from the newsclips they were landing immature monkfish.I agree with dumping them at seanthat in turn will attract crabs and lobsters to the area . We had our spell of the Atlantic Dawn that hoovered up the ocean floor before moving off to far shores. If we keep dipping into the pot too often then it won't be long before we are begging the Fins and Swedes to be allowed fish off their coasts.

Advertisement