Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumor removal from Pituitary Gland

Options
  • 04-10-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Someone very close to me has been diagnosed with acro megaly and has to have an operation to remove a tumor from the pituitary gland.

If anyone here has gone through the surgery can they let me know their experiences and how things went for you.

The operation has to be done in the next month or two, so obviousl very nervous and worried.

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I'm currently in Beaumont hospital recovering from my 9th surgery in 21 years for pituitary brain tumours. I'm not familiar with the type of tumour you mentioned ( mine is called Craniopharyngioma) but the neurosurgeons in this country are excellent in my experience. Recovery time can vary, but normally I'm back to full strength, driving & working within 3 months. I've gone from surgery to home in 5 days on 2 occasions.
    Even being through it so much it's always scary & makes me nervous having to do it again. Make sure to ask the doctor any questions you have & try not to let it get on top of you.
    Hope everything goes well.

Advertisement