Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor bike training

Options
  • 04-10-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Right, I've promised myself that I won't spend the winter losing all my hard earned bike fitness and I'm gonna splash out for a trainer. I've done the searching etc and pretty much decided on a cycleops fluid 2. What I'd love some opinions on is what kind of workouts to do. Buy a load of training DVDs? Just spin away watching tv? Pick a cadence for a period of time?

The other thing I'd like to know is if it matters what bike is used - I have a 15 year old steel frame bike that isn't as nice as my carbon but is still ok, and I'm wondering if would just use that and leave it permanently on the trainer?

What does everyone else do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

If it was me, I would use the steel frame on the turbo, you don't have to worry about sweat eating your nice carbon.
    As for training DVD's I use sufferfest (a few on here have them also) find them great to train to and makes time fly(ish)
    I did get some of the Chris Carmichael training DVD's and found them brutal, only watched them the once.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Some good discussion on training options with a turbo a few threads down: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056626441

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SlowMe

Thanks. I saw that other discussion but it was getting a bit scientific for my level to be honest. Checked out the sufferfest DVDs and they sound good - bit high intensity for winter though?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 decosr1

Recently bought the fluid 2 as well. find it brilliant, easy to set up, quite and folds up neat for storage

Advertisement