Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Few Questions - Radio and car jack

Options
  • 04-10-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey i have a couple of questions if anyone could help.

Bit of back story: I have recently bought an 02 Audi A3 and was previously driving a 97 fiesta. As a birthday present i got a new radio put into the fiesta last year because the stock radio was broken.

Q1: I want to get the radio transfered into the new car. to save cost i want to remove the radio from the fiesta myself. Is this an easy job to a guy who has never done anything with a car before.

Q2: The Audi didnt come with a jack. Can i use the jack from the fiesta if i get a puncture??

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hey i have a couple of questions if anyone could help.

Bit of back story: I have recently bought an 02 Audi A3 and was previously driving a 97 fiesta. As a birthday present i got a new radio put into the fiesta last year because the stock radio was broken.

Q1: I want to get the radio transfered into the new car. to save cost i want to remove the radio from the fiesta myself. Is this an easy job to a guy who has never done anything with a car before.
    If your radio doesn't come off while pulling, you will most likely need a little tools for taking it off. If you bought the radio from the shop, they were probably attached in the box.
    Assuming A3 has universal DIN radio space and plug, you shouldn't have too many problems doing it.
    Q2: The Audi didnt come with a jack. Can i use the jack from the fiesta if i get a puncture??

I doubt that fiesta jack would be able to withstand weight of A3 tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Im going to get the company who installed the radio to transfer the radio. I never got to see a box for the radio so I have any tools for it. i took the trim off there and then hadnt a clue how to take the rest out so im calling it quits haha. Thanks for your help.

I thought the jack would not be strong enough. Better safe then sorry ill pick up a jack over the next week.

Thanks

Advertisement