Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preorder now, collect in December

Options
  • 04-10-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Okay, so I was wondering if anyone would have a clue about the situation I am in. I want to pre-order MOH Warfighter & COD Black Ops 2 in order to get the content included if you pre-order, but I won;t be around until December to actually get the games.

Is it possible to pre-order them now and still get them and the content that far after launch?

Maybe someone who works in HMV orr GameStop might have an idea?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When I preordered Borderlands 2 in HMV, they said they would hold it for a week after launch before releasing it. Not sure about other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You'd probably miss out to be honest. They'll hold the preorder for a limited time, but if it's something in huge demand you may not even get the week. If you had a chat with the manager to explain situation you might be lucky, but it's a long shot.

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could just pre-order it online and get it shipped to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

Thanks guys. I think I will pre-order them online. On a side note, Is it just me or are games getting more expensive. €57.45 for COD BLOPS2 from zavvi and I don't even know if they will charge delivery yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you could try gamesnash , he posts on here and might be able to help you out.

as for the price of games , they are alot cheaper than they were 3 or 4 years ago, but i'm sure at launch there will be plenty of places cheaper than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Pre-order in shop and have someone else pick it up for you?

Had the missus pick up one or two pre-orders for me before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The RRP of most games in 65-70 euros, shops have just reduced them in recent years. Also they know CoD is going to sell so the price is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2smiggy wrote: »
    you could try gamesnash , he posts on here and might be able to help you out.

Plus Gamesnash are doing a Boardsies deal with Black Ops 2in the link below. Looks like BLOPS 2 is gonna be expensive across the board cuz they know people will pay for it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056771401

Advertisement