Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Graduate looking for some advice

Options
  • 04-10-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi. I am a graduate of DCU (BBS). I have been working for several years since I graduated and I now have a business idea that I want to take forward. I have developed a business plan and the next step is to look at how I develop the website. It will need to be driven by a large database and be able to deal with large daily volumes of traffic through it. This is not my area of expertise. Ultimately I am looking to find someone to work on this with me. I have emailed a couple of lecturers in the Computer Science Department at DCU but I haven't heard back yet... maybe that is not the route to take??
    I need to find out what resources I will need, the timeframe for development etc. I would appreciate any advice people might have.
    I want to talk with and ultimately work with a student. Is Computer Science the course where I should try to contact these students?
    What is the best way to contact these students? Are there specific forums I should join?
    Many thanks !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Reach out to the invent center - DCU's company incubator, I'd say they would be more experienced in communicating opportunities to the student body and can guide you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

DCU don't offer a Computer Science course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 krusty2101

Computer Applications or Enterprise Computing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

krusty2101 wrote: »
    I want to talk with and ultimately work with a student. Is Computer Science the course where I should try to contact these students?
    What is the best way to contact these students? Are there specific forums I should join?
    Many thanks !!!

And if you were starting work on the Empire State Building, I suppose you'd refer to a first year apprentice block-layer for advice too...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Jim2007 wrote: »
    And if you were starting work on the Empire State Building, I suppose you'd refer to a first year apprentice block-layer for advice too...

hey man look at facebook :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement