Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LightGun for Plasma: Aimtrack or EMS TopGun III

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a light-gun to add to my setup, sick of not being able to play all those gun games I have (Always wanted to own Virtua Cop arcade since I was a kid, for nostalgia sake :pac:)

I imagine Aimtrak lightgun will get the favour here, since it seems to be well liked and works for the most part pretty well. It's pricey but I could also just get the parts and build the gun myself for that bit less.

The EMS TopGun III is cheaper but wireless would put me off for the sake that it and the recoil probably eats the 4x AA batteries. Build quality seems to be questionable with people having problems with the trigger failing and the software being finnicky.....

Hmmm, think I've answered my own question here.

Anyways, anyone have good experiences with the lightguns designed for LED/ LCD / Plasma screens in mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

I have two EMS Topgun IIIs, they're good (for the brief time I used them) and you can disable the laser/recoil with a button combo. Worked *great* on the ps2. PC is a bit of a pain but fine once it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, it'll be a big job regardless on the machine. A lot of setting up for the various gun games on arcade and different systems.

I'm leaning towards the Aimtrak, seems to be the more consistent device and the software is fairly decent to work with.

How did you find the battery life on the TopGun, if it wasn't too brief of a time you used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

Too brief to comment, actually went to use them yesterday but the batteries were dead :P Dunno how that happened so maybe they're juice guzzlers. I really used mine only on the ps2, I'm sure there'd be better community support on the aimtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Too brief to comment, actually went to use them yesterday but the batteries were dead :P Dunno how that happened so maybe they're juice guzzlers. I really used mine only on the ps2, I'm sure there'd be better community support on the aimtrak

Yea, I decided to go with the aimtrack for convenience sake in terms of community support and the fact that the software seems to be easier to deal with.

Oh well, cheers for the help :)

Advertisement