Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enbrel

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Is there anyone here on Enbrel? How are you getting on with it, side affects, etc. I'm supposed to start it next week and can find little info on it apart from the usual propaganda from the drug companies. Supposedly it is a great treatment for RA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi Foxylock,

I'm on Enbrel for about 4 years for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and very happy with the results.

Joint pain has been relieved considerably, it won't happen immediately but took about 4 months in my case. Before I started taking it I had foot and knee joint pain and walking ws becoming a big problem, its not anymore.
    Psoriasis has also improved, from 80% covered to less than 5%.

Getting used to injecting was an issue, but I've always used sites around the stomach, didn't fancy the thighs.

No side efffects that I noticed. At the start they said my immune system would be affected and to watch out for colds, flu etc. I panicked a bit at the start and then realised this was exaggerated, had the odd cold since but recovered.

Hope this helps and best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

Thanks for that bravo, I dont mind the injecting as I was on methoject before so that got me over any possible qualms. Take care.

Advertisement