Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Valeting

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Wheres good to get a car valeted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Little Sunshine

West clare but in ennis once a week - need to get tar removed and suncream hand prints

If you have the right products you can do a DIY job, petrol or wd40 will remove tar with ease, suncream is a bit trickier, I've successfully got it off with meguiars ultimate compound.

A clay bar kit is great for removing all the other contaminants after the tar is removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Was wondering the same thing. I'd do it myself but I haven't the patience!

Tar removal is really quick, the spots just dissolve. It's kinda therapeutic (may be the fumes)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Everyone that has a car should have a can of WD40 hanging around, great invention. I used to never clean my own car, but there is something amazingly therapeutic and rewarding about cleaning your own car, you can see the difference when you're finished. I got a valetting kit in Tesco before for €10, bucket, alloy cleaner, dash cleaner, all that.

There's a car valetting place in the old Opel garage on the Kilrush Road, around the corner from Dermot Cleary's garage.

Lidl and aldi are often good for this kind of stuff, if you live in west Clare its no harm getting yourself an arsenal of cleaning stuff and keeping on top of it

For the price of a valet you could go mad on cleaning stuff,

Shameless plug for the DIY Car Maintenance, Repair and Detailing forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Wheres good to get a car valeted

Where in west clare i might know a guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

anyway way of getting it to my garage in sixmilebridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

gambithh wrote: »

Are ye any good, I saw the signs recently and I am just looking to get the car washed. Sick of going out to Shannon to do it, would rather keep it local.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

gambithh wrote: »

What do ya charge? What's the chances you'd get grease stains out of the seats?

hey guys thanks for the intrest.

i am a long time car enthusiastic and its a hobby i do in my spare time.

little sunshine i feel your car may need a good machine polish to get suncream stains out.i have all the equipment to do it correctly its a three stage process power wash,dry,de-tar,clay bar,machine correction using different grade cutting pads and polishes/compounds.fianally seal it all in with a wax called vantage i find outstanding.ill try and get some before and after pics of a neighbours van i recently did uploaded.

i use expensive professional valeting products (not auto glym.lol)

the sky is the limit for how long it may take,but at least 3 hours id charge 50 euro,5 hours 80 odd max

Finnt @ id remove the seats and effected area if possible.power wash them and got to town on them with various grades of upholestry brushes with boiling soapy water.(iam a firm believer in elbow grease)
    30 - 50 euro at a guess.

my mobile is 086 3225050 if anyone has any questions

Regards
    Paul

found the pics

teg3001.jpg
    teg3003.jpg

teg3005.jpg
    teg3006.jpg

Advertisement