Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beds etc & Cost plus sofas TV ad

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

That greyhound wearing a cowboy hat singing like a country singer really does my head in!!!. On TV3 every few minutes!!!! Grrrrrr! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

They look like they cost around €10 to make - the same quality as their furniture really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Don't they do a weird rip off of Star Trek too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

People still watch TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

It's eT Cetera not ek setera you dumb fúcks-it's the name of your fúcking company and you can't even pronounce it.

eth0 wrote: »
    People still watch TV3?

While swiching around, but i do like one or two of the girlies

on Xpose mmmmmmm :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Muckie wrote: »
    While swiching around, but i do like one or two of the girlies

on Xpose mmmmmmm :pac:

ah sure you might as well cut to the chase and contact her on twitter. A twitter account is mandatory for everyone on tv these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

What I can't understand is how they have a MASSIVE sale ,for one week only. And this is every week.

Very decent people, throwing MASSIVE sales like that willy nilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Why does the dog walk upright and sleep in a normal bed:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Those ads are the worst I have seen since living in America as watching local tv channels. Their Star Trek one is so cringeworthy and that's coming from a trek fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anyone remember the really cheap ads we used to get, usually clothes shops with a picture of the shopfront and a voiceover? Quality menswear...

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Anyone remember the really cheap ads we used to get, usually clothes shops with a picture of the shopfront and a voiceover? Quality menswear...

"Shaws on the High Street" Picture of a pair of jeans...exciting!

"Almost Nationwide"....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

pure nostalgic now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

latenia wrote: »
    It's eT Cetera not ek setera you dumb fúcks-it's the name of your fúcking company and you can't even pronounce it.

Noticed that the first time i saw it. Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That dog needs to be put down.
    I prefer to watch the Craig Doyle show than those feckin ads! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

That dog has no Willy.....just like Eoin McLove:) (one for the Ted Heads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Looks like it was made by a remedial school kid with 1990's era graphic design software.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Someone actually writes the song, makes the ad and sits back and thinks - 'Yeah.Thats pretty good'
    The worst most amateurish ads i have ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

When I saw that ad, the first thing I thought: "Was someone paid for coming up with this idea??" The second thing I thought was: "He must have been on acid at the time!"

BTW, genuine question, do people still take acid - I haven't heard any mention of it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

UNIQUE!!!

"Boot Cut Jeans!"

UNIQUE!!!

"Ben Sherman Shirts!"

UNIQUE!!!

"Leather Jackets!!!"

UNIQUE!!!

As for the dog ad, it may look like shìt but it got everyone talking. This isn't the first time that ad has been mentioned around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never understood why they called themselves Cost Plus Sofas. Why blatantly tell your customers you're selling them stuff for more than it costs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Muckie wrote: »
    "Shaws on the High Street" Picture of a pair of jeans...exciting!

"Almost Nationwide"....

They never did go nationwide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Duggy747 wrote: »
    UNIQUE!!!

"Boot Cut Jeans!"

UNIQUE!!!

"Ben Sherman Shirts!"

UNIQUE!!!

"Leather Jackets!!!"

UNIQUE!!!

As for the dog ad, it may look like shìt but it got everyone talking. This isn't the first time that ad has been mentioned around here.

I don't get this. Who ****ing cares if people are talking about it? If I'm talking about it in a negative way then I'm hardly going to go and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Worst advert for me has to be that bloody Clover spread ad. I really hate that fuppin song, no, not everyone loves that sheeeeiiiteeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That dog needs to be put down.
    I prefer to watch the Craig Doyle show than those feckin ads! :mad:

No no no, let's not do something we might regret now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Skammer

latenia wrote: »

I agree totally. Several new versions of this ad have appeared but no one has told the moron how to pronounce et cetera. I certainly couldn't buy from a company that can't pronounce their own name.

It's nearly as bad as that dopey SuperValu ad for "permanent price cuts" that finally got pulled when they realised "permanent" actually means "forever". I'm sure it was in breach of Advertising Standards and that I will have a case for buying their crap food in twenty years time for last year's price.

Ads like these are an embarrassment to the people of this country. How these people got employed is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Anything is better than that freaky basturd of a bear in the birds eye ad's

Advertisement