Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving job to return to education

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi guys
    hope somebody replies to this as im in such a predicament at the moment. I was recently made permanent in my job (factory work) but my heart just isnt in it anymore. I recently experienced an ectopic pregnancy and afterwards decided life is too short and i should pursue my dreams one of them being to become a primary school teacher. Im 24 by the way :)

now im wondering should i leave my job and go to college fulltime. Or should i stay in my job do an arts degree online which is 3500 a year and then do the hibernia course which is 10,000?????

also im hoping il be able to claim for the back to educatin allowance as i have no savings and couldnt afford to travel to limerick with no money. does anybody know if i said i left my job to return to education would i recieve the back to education allowance???if i said i needed to volunter for awhile and get the experience needed to attend college, id be applying as a mature student!!!! h and will i be able to claim my stamps straight after i leave my job???

please let me know seriously undecided at the min :o:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

MISU should be able to answer your question better about the back to education allowance.

Talk to your family, weigh out the pros and cons.

Attend the the MIC open days. They're usually on in October/November.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

You have to be unemployed and on JSB or JSA for a few months to claim BTEA and you can't just quit your job to claim it.

Advertisement