Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative writing classes in Galway?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's anything on like this in Galway city or where I can apply? Im just looking for something in the evenings if anyone has any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YeahiKnow

I got this in an email the other day! here's the jist:

"autumn creative writing course is now scheduled in Galway, at the Westside Resource Centre.
    Information at: www.maireadwhyte.com,
    my new course also includes, new tips and techniques, new tools for character creation, plot creation, using themes, creating conflict for characters and more ...
    This upcoming course, commences on Wednesday October 10th at the Westside Resource Centre, Galway.
    This is an 8 week course, priced at €85, two hours per week from 7pm to 9pm.

Tea and coffee are provided and we have a 10 minute energising break in the middle of each class!"

You'll need to enrol...Hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Creative writing

GMIT have had them in the past.
    http://www.gmit.ie/search.html?q=creative%20writing

Another here from May but contact them, another might start soon.
    http://overtheedgeliteraryevents.blogspot.com/2012/03/daytime-creative-writing-at-galway-arts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Chick_chick

Great thread! I'm on the lookout for a poetry workshop in Galway, evenings or weekends. I've missed the start of courses in GTI and Arts Centre, so if anyone knows of anything else starting between here and christmas?? That would be great! Most are kinda geared towards short stories/novels, so if anyone knows of any poetry ones, that would be excellent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 calling galway

Would any other writers be interested in meeting up, and perhaps form a writing group? I write poetry and fiction myself.

As for workshops, the one with Mairead Whyte mentioned already sounds great. I have been in touch with her and will probably to the course in January.

Advertisement