Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shannon to Chicago air link.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 MyNameis.com

Great news allright! hopefully a few more to come also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bannerlady20

Great news allright! hopefully a few more to come also!

Hopefully! Its good to see Chicago return after Aer Lingus stopped flying there from Shannon in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Would love to take a holiday in Chicago. Checked flights on line and they cost from about 700 euro round trip.
    http://www.united.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd be surprised if they've done any kind of pricing up yet, they've probably just put in their mid range price and will judge by take up before adjusting accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Would love to take a holiday in Chicago. Checked flights on line and they cost from about 700 euro round trip.
    http://www.united.com

Spent a long weekend there and would love to get back there for a longer stretch.

Good news for Shannon indeed, pity it's only for the summer months. The airport is like a morgue at the moment, car park isn't even half full

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's scary how empty the airport is, I used to commute a lot to the UK and you'd often have to park in the long term car park because the short term would be full and at that the long term would be fairly full as well.

Just thinking back to meeting up with folks in the Aer Lingus lounges, 1 time in the Heathrow 1 myself and 3 other managed to clear a bottle of brandy and whiskey (they weren't full, I hope) when the flight was delayed, the highlight was 1 of the folks realising mid-air that they had the car parked at the airport, it was funny listening to him explain to the wife that he got blocked by accident and she'd have to collect them & bring her father to bring his car, then he was asked why he didn't just get a taxi home with 1 of us and get dropped to work the next day, the exclamation of "ahhhh b@llix I never thought of that" was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Clareman wrote: »
    It's scary how empty the airport is, I used to commute a lot to the UK and you'd often have to park in the long term car park because the short term would be full and at that the long term would be fairly full as well.

Just thinking back to meeting up with folks in the Aer Lingus lounges, 1 time in the Heathrow 1 myself and 3 other managed to clear a bottle of brandy and whiskey (they weren't full, I hope) when the flight was delayed, the highlight was 1 of the folks realising mid-air that they had the car parked at the airport, it was funny listening to him explain to the wife that he got blocked by accident and she'd have to collect them & bring her father to bring his car, then he was asked why he didn't just get a taxi home with 1 of us and get dropped to work the next day, the exclamation of "ahhhh b@llix I never thought of that" was a thing of beauty.

A few years back they had to open another one down at the first security hut, no fear of that now.

The joys of living in Shannon is that I am only 5 minutes from home in the car or a 20 minute walk. I took a charter flight for the 2006 HEC final and bloody flight didn't leave Bristol until 5.30 the next morning, arrived into Shannon and couldn't get a taxi for love nor money, ended up falling down the road, the normal 20 min walk took more like an hour, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Horslip

If only the local hoteliers cop on and start a publicity blitz in the US mid-west area, we might have an influx of badly needed tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Horslip wrote: »
    If only the local hoteliers cop on and start a publicity blitz in the US mid-west area, we might have an influx of badly needed tourists.

I think the tourism heads did at the nearby, recent (1hr is nearby in US, I guess!) Milwaukee Folk Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

• Advertisement
Advertisement