Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tank & Cartomiser Woes

Options
  • 03-10-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Proud owner now of a prive tank and having some issues:(

I dont know if its me of some dodgy cartomisers but I am getting everything from dry slightly burnt hit to savage flooding. When its working its the best tasting vape to date so I would like to nail the problem.

Here is pic:
    8050592360_6253fbfe76_m.jpg
    photo by krissovo, on Flickr

Does my punched hole look ok?
    Can re-filling the tank with a syringe over pressure the tank and cause flooding?
    How should I prime the cartomiser?
    More holes? One at the top of the tank for pressure relief?

I have googled my ass off and cannot find similar symptoms. Also on my 3rd cartomister with different sized holes and about 20ml of juice over my hands:o

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm having the same issue to be honest, and i've been told it's my carto punch, which is a Kir Fanis one.

It's punching the hole too tight in to the carto, and it's actually pushing the wall of the carto in to the centre tube, and causing flooding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Punching too far into the carto definitely causes these problems. Hole position can be an issue too. You know the way you can see where the wire runs down one side of the inside of the carto? I found if I punched a hole too near it caused the same problems, so if I was doing one hole I would do it on the opposite side, or for two holes I did them on each side at 90 degrees to the wire. Once I started doing that, and being careful not to go far in, they worked great for me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

eeloe wrote: »
    and i've been told it's my carto punch, which is a Kir Fanis one.

Same as mine, could be my issue. I may have a go modding the punch later or simply put a small washer on the punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Just from looking at the hole it looks to me like you have gone in too deep. Just go in a quarter turn after you hear the metal break. I find it best to do 2 holes and once you don't go in too deep it should work a lot better. I think its better to leave the tank soak up the liquid from the cartomiser for about 15 minutes or so at the start if you don't fill the carto by the condom method before putting it in the tank as well. Also when you start vaping it at first start at a low voltage and gradually turn it up once your confident the coil is wet with e-liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Yeah I did that before myself.. The hole looks too big.. Just go until you breach the shell, any further and you can punch the filler

• Advertisement

the problem i find with the Kir Fanis punch is, you can't actually hear the pop...and if you don't go far enough, the hole is too small to allow liquid in to the filler..and too much and it pierces the centre tube...it's a head wreck! :)

Ok I am in vaping heaven, re set it up following the tips and vaping away very happily the last hour.

The Franis punch is a pain in ass as already said you cannot hear a pop, I had to keep taking the carto out each 1/4 turn after resistance and test by blowing.

I think it will work great with a small Tooth washer so it will set the right height and lock the punch in position when on the key ring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

seems strange you can't hear a punch with that punch.. i had the siam mods carto punch which looks the exact same and I could hear the metal break

the point on the Fanis punch is super fine, and just keeps on pushing it, where the siam mods one was blunt, it mad a noticeable pop...this one doesn't! :(

Bring back the Siam Mods punch!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement

I'm trying to stay off the alba site at the mo....i'll only buy a cobra! :)

the point on the Fanis punch is super fine, and just keeps on pushing it, where the siam mods one was blunt, it mad a noticeable pop...this one doesn't! :(

Bring back the Siam Mods punch!

I have the Kir Fanis Punch and it works great, maybe you got unlucky with your one or something but I always hear the carto cracking open. Try spinning the thing faster but be ready to stop as soon as you hear a crack, I did find if I spin it slowly that I'm less likely to hear the thing splitting the cartomiser.

The Best Shop are selling Cart Punchers now and not a bad price Eeloe if your one is knackered it might do the trick. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/159-carto-punch.html

Are you kidding me? :(

I just ordered a Siam mods one from Alba while i was ordering, eh, something else aswell :)

After a couple of days I have had a total of 3 or 4 floods but in general I am happy.

I modded the frannis punch with a small star washer and I think I have the right height now. The point is still to sharp where it punches a deep but small hole so I did order the punch above to try both.

Also used a nail and hammer, I have a black thumb nail now and my cat ran away with the carto that flew across the floor :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...something else aswell...

The most fapulent Cobra?
    Tell us tales when you get it. There're so many fancy RTAs out recently, I don't know which way to turn.

grindle wrote: »
    The most fapulent Cobra?
    Tell us tales when you get it. There're so many fancy RTAs out recently, I don't know which way to turn.

Indeed, fapping away waiting for the postie now....

Ordered yesterday morning, shipped lunch time, was in Ireland today according to royal mail, no sign of it anywhere tho on an posts site, hopefully it's here Monday! :)

I looked last week and they were sold out, where did you order it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

krissovo wrote: »
    ...where did you order it from?
    This. Now that I've seen the Z-Atty is crippled and only allows single coils, I'm more definite on the Cobra...
    Don't like the tight draw idea though...

How easy would it be to widen a hole in titanium?
    Even saying that sounded retarded.

I got it from Alba themselves, they had no 3mls in stock, so I had to settle for a 5ml one.

It's gonna look like I'm Vaping a magic wand, but fook it, I'll be in flavor country!

• Advertisement

If anyone using carto tanks is having problems with them make sure ye are not leaving the white bung yolk that comes with the cartomiser in it as well as the drip tip. There is no need to use the white yolk this should be pulled out with a tweezers and discarded before inserting a drip tip.

I met a vaper yesterday who was having issues and turns out they were leaving the white bung in the cartomiser and putting the drip tip in on top of the white bung yolk and I have a feeling there might be others who might not have realised you don't use that white thing if you are using a drip tip as if they are both used they will push the internals of the cartomiser out of place.

I'm just saying this because I know plenty of people said they were having problems with carto/tanks gurgling and leaking and I'm wandering was anyone else leaving the white yolk in as well as the drip tip and this might be the cause of the problems.

The Siam carto arrived yesterday and I just tired it out, 100% improvement from the kir Franis punch. Zero leaking/flooding, a very definite punch and the design of the pin with a flat edge means the two I did we're identical. The deformation of the carto is worrying at first but no leaks at all.

Got a siam v2 punch myself from alba vapours, very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xoblox

I think you forgot to put the rubber washer, located on the screw where you fill up your e-liquid. I am pertaining to the smallest rubber washer or they call it smallest rubber rings that seals your prive tank and preventing it from flooding your cartomizer. Hope it helps you guys having issue on your prive tannk from flooding after few draws/puff.

I am using 70/30 VG/PG e-juice
    Prive tank
    2 Holes LR cartomizer

Advertisement