Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEGALITY CHECK

Options
  • 03-10-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I want to buy a TM P90 from ehobbyshopasia but I wanted to make sure Its under one J and 100% legal in Ireland.

Heres a link to the gun

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/tokyo-mauri-japan/tokyo-marui-p90-airsoft-aeg.html

Can anyone tell me how customs actually work? I've never imported a gun and Im worried It might be seized etc?? I know It has to be tested/chronod. But does anyone know how long that takes???

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

phlex wrote: »
    I want to buy a TM P90 from ehobbyshopasia but I wanted to make sure Its under one J and 100% legal in Ireland.

Heres a link to the gun

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/tokyo-mauri-japan/tokyo-marui-p90-airsoft-aeg.html

Can anyone tell me how customs actually work? I've never imported a gun and Im worried It might be seized etc?? I know It has to be tested/chronod. But does anyone know how long that takes???

Thanks in advance!

it's a TM (made in Japan). just like us they have a sub one joule law so it shouldn't be a problem at all. the fps is stated as 270. as for customs. you cna get very, very lucky and pass straight through however a testing for an AEG can take a few weeks, a month maybe. if it's over the limit it will be destroyed straight away. Honestly after what happened recently with regards to AEG's coming in I'd just buy irish. after customs, tax and shipping you'd be lucky to be getting the AEG any cheaper.

Found some in Ireland, bottom of the page;
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=15&Itemid=26

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭phlex

T4RGET wrote: »
    it's a TM (made in Japan). just like us they have a sub one joule law so it shouldn't be a problem at all. the fps is stated as 270. as for customs. you cna get very, very lucky and pass straight through however a testing for an AEG can take a few weeks, a month maybe. if it's over the limit it will be destroyed straight away. Honestly after what happened recently with regards to AEG's coming in I'd just buy irish. after customs, tax and shipping you'd be lucky to be getting the AEG any cheaper.

Found some in Ireland, bottom of the page;
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=15&Itemid=26

Thanks for the reply! I've looked at every Irish site including airsofteire.com but every retailer's out of stock. Im looking at 368.00 euro in total for delivery etc... are there any extra costs when importing RIF's?? Im quiet new to airsoft so Im not really up to date with events. What's the story you mentioned regarding AEG's coming in??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Thanks for the reply! I've looked at every Irish site including airsofteire.com but every retailer's out of stock. Im looking at 368.00 euro in total for delivery etc... are there any extra costs when importing RIF's?? Im quiet new to airsoft so Im not really up to date with events. What's the story you mentioned regarding AEG's coming in??
    The Irish retailers will probably order it for you if you ask and can have it here pretty quick.

From eHobby I make the gun ($355) and shipping ($60) as €305. I presume you are looking for some other add ons?

Taking the €305 cost, you will need to add 3.5% customs duty (€11), 23% vat (€70), and a handling charge from the courier for collecting the duty and vat. That's about €13. The total comes to €400, which is less than you will pay to the likes of AirsoftEire.

I'd give them a shout and see if they can get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

It's worse than you think.
    Customs rate is 3.5% & VAT is currently 23%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

It's worse than you think.
    Customs rate is 3.5% & VAT is currently 23%.

Thanks. See I have been away too long! Updated with the correct totals.

• Advertisement

I've checked a few retailers are all of them are indeed out of stock (including the one's I've linked, apologies :o)
    Ask SEairsoft or Hobbyairsofter to import one. most retailers import, but they're just the ones I use most often. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭phlex

T4RGET wrote: »
    I've checked a few retailers are all of them are indeed out of stock (including the one's I've linked, apologies :o)
    Ask SEairsoft or Hobbyairsofter to import one. most retailers import, but they're just the ones I use most often. :)

I rang airsofteire.com to check when when they'l get them back in, got very lucky!!! new shipment will be in soon.

Thanks for all your help guys!

I rang airsofteire.com to check when when they'l get them back in, got very lucky!!! new shipment will be in soon.

Thanks for all your help guys!

happy days so, best to ask them to keep you one, I'd expect them to fly out when they land :)
    Good luck mate.

Advertisement