Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on PP without bank knowledge

Options
  • 03-10-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

We've all heard that banks don't like signs of gambling on ones account. What is the best way to circumvent this problem?

IE - If I topup with Paypal, does the bank only get knowledge of the paypal transaction or do they know where the money went after paypal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

solarith wrote: »
    We've all heard that banks don't like signs of gambling on ones account. What is the best way to circumvent this problem?

IE - If I topup with Paypal, does the bank only get knowledge of the paypal transaction or do they know where the money went after paypal?

My bank statement is riddled with gambling transactions unfortunately!!.You could use a paddypower cash card if to withdraw deposit money in store if you were looking at using PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

The transaction show's up on your statement as PPonline. If quized by the bank you can call it anything. I may stand corrected but I don't think Paddy Power take Pay Pal (As they are obliged by law not to let the yanks gamble online). Just keep your transactions to a minimum and your bank shouldn't worry that you've a gambling problem when you apply for a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

seanmacc wrote: »
    The transaction show's up on your statement as PPonline. If quized by the bank you can call it anything. I may stand corrected but I don't think Paddy Power take Pay Pal (As they are obliged by law not to let the yanks gamble online). Just keep your transactions to a minimum and your bank shouldn't worry that you've a gambling problem when you apply for a loan.
    There's an option on the website to deposit funds via paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

solarith wrote: »
    There's an option on the website to deposit funds via paypal.

Just goes to show when the last time I was on it was. If you pay by PayPal the only thing that will show up on your statment is PayPal*pponline* so you'll be grand anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Paddy power have a cash card where you can deposit money in there shops.I use moneybookers as it's easy to move money around from different bookies to get the best price.Here is a link to there website https://www.moneybookers.com/app/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

I can assure you the banks will be fully aware of what "pponline" means so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

If you want to use Paddy Power the cash card is ideal.

If you want to use other bookmakers I recommend skrill (moneybookers).

A third option is a prepaid mastercard from Payzone but you can't withdraw to that card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Banks know moneybookers is for gambling. Just top up your account in store is the best thing or get a ukash voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Paddy Power and the cash card system is perfect. There's no way I'm having a gambling company on my bank history (even though I'll be only gambling small amounts).

Advertisement