Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Blu-Rays for £17 (€21)

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=sr_aj?node=2143844031&ajr=0

Some great movies in there, including:

Dark Knight
    Silence of the Lambs
    The Shining
    Goodfellas
    Unforgiven
    Full Metal Jacket
    Big Lebowski
    Bridesmaids
    Scarface (Triple-play)
    The Matrix
    Natural Born Killers

... and some newer titles like Tower Heist, Senna, The Raven and Contagion.

Delivery is extra but is free on orders over £25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Cheers op - just picked up the shining, wizard of oz and scarface up.

FYI: If original price is greater than £25 (which mine were) pre-discount then it counts for free delivery. Only problem is scarface will only ship to ireland if you choose amazon as the seller and they don't currently have it in stock so I'll have to wait a week or two for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Good offer - would recommend ''Taken'' with Liam Neeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Some of the movies are cheaper to buy out of the deal.. Just make sure to check the prices of the one's u pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

http://www.blu-ray.com is a great site for reviews of Blu-Ray releases by the way. Info on video quality, audio quality, comparisons to other home video versions, extras etc.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    http://www.blu-ray.com is a great site for reviews of Blu-Ray releases by the way. Info on video quality, audio quality, comparisons to other home video versions, extras etc.

Most of their reviews are terrible, they involve little more than simply recounting the plot and there have been a number of questionable reviews of picture and audio quality.

HMV have the same offer on, any 3 for 25 or 5 for 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Sappy404 wrote: »

I use this for technical details and highdefdigest.com for reviews on quality of video and audio.

Different titles in that offer.

Most of their reviews are terrible, they involve little more than simply recounting the plot and there have been a number of questionable reviews of picture and audio quality.

I don't use it for reviews of the movies, just for info on different versions of releases for the film, encodings, sources, sound quality etc. You get a nice brief overview of whether or not it's worth getting on Blu-ray. For example: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dont-Look-Now-Blu-ray/18547/

The HMV sale is excellent, and it works out around the same price per blu-ray if you buy 5, but I couldn't find the 5 I was after in any one shop, and with the Amazon deal you only have to buy 3 to get the same per-movie price.

mathie wrote: »

Different titles in that offer.

The two sales are pretty much identical. Most of the ones in the amazon offer are in the HMV one.

The two sales are pretty much identical. Most of the ones in the amazon offer are in the HMV one.

Its not the same offer.
    Different titles. Different pricing.

At Amazon not at HMV...
    Heat, Senna, Goodfellas, The Raven, North by Northwest, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Scarface, One Day, etc.

And thats just comparing the first 15 of almost 500 in the Amazon offer.

• Advertisement

mathie wrote: »

Its not the same offer.
    Different titles. Different pricing.

At Amazon not at HMV...
    Heat, Senna, Goodfellas, The Raven, North by Northwest, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Scarface, One Day, etc.

And thats just comparing the first 15 of almost 500 in the Amazon offer.

Factor in postage and the offers are damn near the same price. And most of the films in the amazon offer are in the HMV offer. I picked up North by Nothwest, Scarface, Goodfellas and Senna over the past two months in HMV in the offer. I saw Contagion, the two Batman films and One Day in store today as part of the offer. Ended up grabbing both Batman films and another copy of Scarface as chrustmas gifts for people.

All these offers by different companies are usually made up of the same titles. ASDA has all the Warners titles in the amazon and HMV offer in their 2 for 10 sale.

Factor in postage and the offers are damn near the same price. And most of the films in the amazon offer are in the HMV offer. I picked up North by Nothwest, Scarface, Goodfellas and Senna over the past two months in HMV in the offer. I saw Contagion, the two Batman films and One Day in store today as part of the offer. Ended up grabbing both Batman films and another copy of Scarface as chrustmas gifts for people.

All these offers by different companies are usually made up of the same titles. ASDA has all the Warners titles in the amazon and HMV offer in their 2 for 10 sale.

Many titles are in both, yes, but in both sales you've got movies that aren't in the other. It depends what movies you're after.

I'd earmarked Silence of the Lambs and Don't Look Now as two of the 5 I wanted in HMV but couldn't find them both in the same store. Then SotL seemed to go out of the sale on the HMV site and sold out where I'd seen it. On Amazon I can get it in this deal but can't get Don't Look Now, so I'm looking at Bullitt, The Matrix and The Shining instead.

Advertisement