Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll Of Honour: Old IRA

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm looking for the Roll Of Honour for the IRA from 1916 - 1923 I was wondering would anybody have it or know where I could find it?

I've been told it's in a book called "The Last Post", but the book has been out of print for years.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could find it for me, or if you have the book could scan it and put it up.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

The Last Post is a good book but I dont think it gives a full list of those killed in action and deals with others killed in the War of Independence and the Civil War. The copy I have is from 1994 but you could try Easons for it.

If you can get a copy of "1916 Rebellion Handbook" its worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dub63

What's the authors name? There's a fair few books called the last post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

Dub63 wrote: »
    What's the authors name? There's a fair few books called the last post.

The copy I have does not realy have an author it is a book compiled by the National Graves Association in 1932 and reprinted in 1994 (which is when i bought it)

" Being a record of Ireland's heroic dead in Dublin City and County also places of historic interest"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dub63

The copy I have does not realy have an author it is a book compiled by the National Graves Association in 1932 and reprinted in 1994 (which is when i bought it)

" Being a record of Ireland's heroic dead in Dublin City and County also places of historic interest"

I'll get onto them over FB and see if they can help me out. Thanks for that! :)

Advertisement