Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DiSEqC on Samsung SMT-S7800?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know if this box supports DiSEqC ?
    I can't find an answer to this anywhere (including the downloaded manual) and I would like the possibility of adding 28.2E and 9E for Freesat and Saorsat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

According to here:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-recorders/samsung-smt-s7800-958920/review

The answer is no.
    You could use a manual switch to switch cables. Some of these also can be switched by using an infra red remote such as:
    http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Control-Satellite-Selector-Switcher/dp/B0042QCLQ4

Not ideal. You would need to change the switch then change the channel. It would of course not automatically change over for the right recordings.

If this is important to you I would suggest a proper Saorview PVR (which will be launched before the end of October) This will also get TV3 and 3E which are not on Saorsat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fatherland

Any heads up on which one of these boxes would be good( looking for saorview and free to air channels wit option to record) : Triax tsc114....... walker wp645ts-hd........ Aruba 150 combo/ satellite.ie

Tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭zg3409

fatherland wrote: »
    Any heads up on which one of these boxes would be good( looking for saorview and free to air channels

Hi fatherland, please start a new thread and I will try and help

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fatherland

zg3409 wrote: »
    Hi fatherland, please start a new thread and I will try and help

I started new thread under free to air / saorview boxes

Tanx

Advertisement