Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEKO Freezer making a noise - coming from the top, but the compressor's at the bottom

Options
  • 02-10-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

We have a BEKO freezer, (TZA 6016 FFS) which was working fine til the kids left the door open for 6 hours. Now, when we plug it in, there's a ticking noise at the back, at the top.

It sounds to me like the fan acting up - when i unplug it, the ticking slows to a stop. The sound is NOT coming from the bottom of the fridge, which I think is where the compressor is...

It looks like quite a tough job to do - maybe its time I got a man in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

Sounds like some ice build up around the fan.
    What was the cause in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

We have a Beko that has always made noise on and off, squeaky noise like bed springs. Have it about 10 years now. For ages we thought it was a neighbours having sex. We thought fair play, particularly as it seemed to last an impressive length of time, and happened pretty frequently too....not least because the couple was in their lat 60's/early 70's! We couldn't look them in the face until we realised it was the Beko.

We have a Beko that has always made noise on and off, squeaky noise like bed springs. Have it about 10 years now. For ages we thought it was a neighbours having sex. We thought fair play, particularly as it seemed to last an impressive length of time, and happened pretty frequently too....not least because the couple was in their lat 60's/early 70's! We couldn't look them in the face until we realised it was the Beko.
    It's supposed to be the spin drying cycle on the washing machine that brings a smile to your/her face! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CheezePleeze

eire1 wrote: »
    Sounds like some ice build up around the fan.
    What was the cause in the end?

Unbelieveable - the freezer is up and running again, and I didn't have to do a thing!

I avoided looking into this for a couple of days, and then I read your post about ice build-up. I figured maybe that was the problem, so I left it another couple days, just to be sure, pluged in again, and no sound!

So thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

You mentioned that the door had been open a few hours so my first guess would be that the evaporator was iced up. Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement