Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Bible Study

Options
  • 02-10-2012 6:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Dublin City Bible Study For;

Those searching for meaning to life
    Those wanting a fresh understanding of Christianity
    Newcomers to the church
    Those looking to explore their faith

Email dublincitybiblestudy@gmail.com

For More Details!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'LL TOTALLY COME ALONG FOR THAT!

By the way, know where I can get a free personality test?

• Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Newcomers to the church

For More Details!!!!

Actually found it the Kinder egg I bought yesterday ;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You can find it here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085959/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

life |līf|
    noun ( pl. lives |līvz| )
    1 the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death: the origins of life.
    • living things and their activity: some sort of life existed on Mars | lower forms of life | the ice-cream vendors were the only signs of life.
    • [ with adj. or noun modifier ] a particular type or aspect of people's existence: an experienced teacher will help you settle into school life | revelations about his private life | his father decided to start a new life in California.
    • vitality, vigor, or energy: she was beautiful and full of life.
    2 the existence of an individual human being or animal: a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 Americans | she didn't want to die; she loved life.
    • a biography: a life of Shelley.
    • either of the two states of a person's existence separated by death (as in Christianity and some other religious traditions): too much happiness in this life could reduce the chances of salvation in the next.
    • any of a number of successive existences in which a soul is held to be reincarnated (as in Hinduism and some other religious traditions).
    • a chance to live after narrowly escaping death (esp. with reference to the nine lives traditionally attributed to cats).
    3 (usu. one's life) the period between the birth and death of a living thing, esp. a human being: she has lived all her life in the country | I want to be with you for the rest of my life | they became friends for life .
    • the period during which something inanimate or abstract continues to exist, function, or be valid: underlay helps to prolong the life of a carpet.
    • informal a sentence of imprisonment for life.
    4 (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination: the pose and clothing were sketched from life | [ as modifier ] : life drawing. See also still life.

Well that was easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

You know, I've been searching for the meaning of life for some time now. As a fellow searcher, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter and/or mail order catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Newcomers to the church

For More Details!!!!

The Front Lounge

For those searching for that rare creature; a classic modern pub oozing an effortless chic wholly devoid of any pretentiousness or judgmental condemnation.

Plush sofas are aglow under the famed chandelier while the easy confluence of gay and straight patrons is a real reflection of the open-minded and innovative attitude sadly lacking in Christianity.

Newcomers to the scene welcome.

Those looking to explore whatever they feel like exploring with other consenting adults.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Isn't technology great! In the old days, they had to go door-to-door, but now they can be mocked from the comfort of your PC, laptop or mobile communications device! What an age we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

For god didth created a book of instructions on howeth the humans should liveth their lives and in his greatness he choseth to maketh the book soeth confusing the humans wouldeth have to meet in groups toeth discuss the actual meaning of many of it's lessons. For he was a great prankstereth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To be fair, that's what I would do, if I was a god. I set my Sims on fire all the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

To be fair, that's what I would do, if I was a god. I set my Sims on fire all the time too.

The expressions on their faces is priceless when you do that. I imagine it's how we'll look when we die and find out that there actually is a god.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Wasn't that calculated by an enormous supercomputer over a period of 7.5 million years?
    42 being the answer it came up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nah, Viking myths are cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

Newcomers to the church

For More Details!!!!

I looking for "more details" - which version of the bible will we be studying ? or will we be studying more than one, I guess I should email seeking clarification.

For that matter - how did OP know which was "the church" I'd joined, I'd better check that out too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

They cannot answer you kiki. I'm afraid I had to siteban them for spamming this morning.

Feel free to go ahead and contact them by e-mail though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Unethical behaviour from a group of religious people? Well I never.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'm afraid I had to siteban them for spamming this morning.

Oh if only that could happen in real life...*sigh*.

Beruthiel wrote: »

Feel free to go ahead and contact them by e-mail though.

email on its way to them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Oh if only that could happen in real life...*sigh*.

What you do is, see, you just let them talk until they show everyone just what an obnoxious arsehole they are :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oh if only that could happen in real life...
    I find that smiling very calmly helps a lot. Pointing out that Jesus is dead and he's not coming back helps too, though at the risk of inserting oneself into an impromptu dead-parrot sketch.

Sure many have said the same about Elvis too...

• Advertisement

kiki wrote: »
    Sure many have said the same about Elvis too...

Don't forget King Arthur - he's meant to come back too.

The Spanish during the Reconquista had some notion about Saint James coming back and driving the Moors out - although why a Jew would have wanted to protect fundamentalist Catholic Spain is a bit of a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Hello?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hello?
    Is it me you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The only intelligent thing that The Bloodhound Gang ever said is that the meaning of life is that there isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

kylith wrote: »
    The only intelligent thing that The Bloodhound Gang ever said is that the meaning of life is that there isn't one.

What about "the only thing going down In this car is the window, cause your pussy STANK!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

shizz wrote: »
    What about "the only thing going down In this car is the window, cause your pussy STANK!"
    That off one of their later albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Is it me you're looking for?

Have a wee gawk two posts up from my original. Poor early morning joke is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

kylith wrote: »
    That off one of their later albums?

Its a skit from their album "Hefty Fine" called "Overhead Heard in a Wawa Parking Lot"

Apologies for the naked fat man.

shizz wrote: »
    Its a skit from their album "Hefty Fine" called "Overhead Heard in a Wawa Parking Lot"

Apologies for the naked fat man.

EWWWWEEEEEEHHHHHH!!! :eek::eek::eek:

If I wasn't already a confirmed homosexualist Leezbeen before the naked fat man I sure would be now...

Hmmmm...might have found a 'cure' for heterosexuality in Women....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Hmmmm...might have found a 'cure' for heterosexuality in Women....

Yup, that'd nearly cure me I'd say...EEEEWWWW is right. But I'm sure there's plenty of fetishists who go for the rolls and rolls of flab, hetero or not. Game of hide the marshmallows anyone? :P

Advertisement