Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Foley double shift

Options
  • 02-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear this yesterday? Foley did his own show and then was back in at 7 to cover for KC, surely they could have got someone else to do KCs shift, its a little silly having one Jock doing two shifts in one day? God knows there's enough people out there looking for work even if just for one day on a national. There was a girl covering for KC a few weeks back.why didn't.they use her again or cawley or flood?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Don't know why they didn't use someone else. It is definately very unusual..

Foley and JP will be on tonight again too. The only thing I can think is that KC is eager not to lose any listeners on his new time slot and is looking for the best replacement possible. But if there was a generic replacement a couple of weeks ago that knocks that off.

Cawley is in for Fenton, so that rules him out. God I can't stand Cawley .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Foley and KC are probably the closest in personality and presenting style that Today FM have, it's probably done for continuity more than anything else.

Foley did a lot of promotion on his show for KC when KC started remember. I like Foley, so don't mind, but I see your point about using it as a chance to try someone else.

Louise Duffy filled in not so long ago, but she has her own show from 5-7 in the morning and does the traffic on Ian Dempsey's show from 7-9 so I'd seriously doubt they'd move all that around for KC while he is only sick for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Good idea to try something different. It creates a bit of a buzz and gets a bigger audience in KC's slot (Foley fans who wouldn't normally listen in the evenings). Some of them might stick around when KC is back.

Obviously the Double Shift wouldn't work long term but it's no harm to shake up the schedules every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

No complaints here! :D Brings me back to when they were on at 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

love the shows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

delta36 wrote: »
    No complaints here! :D Brings me back to when they were on at 10pm.

Them where the times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

heybaby wrote: »
    Anyone else hear this yesterday? Foley did his own show and then was back in at 7 to cover for KC, surely they could have got someone else to do KCs shift, its a little silly having one Jock doing two shifts in one day? God knows there's enough people out there looking for work even if just for one day on a national. There was a girl covering for KC a few weeks back.why didn't.they use her again or cawley or flood?

Muireann O'Connell is her name :)

Advertisement