Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Message Recieved

Options
  • 02-10-2012 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all
    I just wrote my first piece of short fiction, let me know what you think

http://tomusworld.blogspot.kr/2012/09/buzz.html

1 Message recived

BUZZ BUZZ

The vibrating on the dresser woke her. It had been a late night as it was without worrying about a midnight text. She rolled over and tried to get back to sleep. Who ever it was could wait until morning.

BUZZ BUZZ

“I should have turned it off!” She reached over to push the off button, but decided to check the message, in case it was important.

She looked at her beside clock, 3 am , alarm set to ring in 6 hours. She decided to ignore the texts, probably just some punk kid trying to scare people. She turned off here phone and tried to get back to sleep for the short few hours before her alarm would start another day.
    She lay there in her dimly lit room, thinking about the message. Who could it be? She figured at first it was some kids, but as she lay there uncertainty began to creep in. What if it was a serious warning? What if something was about to happen? Now the phone was off, they couldn’t contact her again if something was wrong.

She lay there, considering what to do, too tired to make any decisions, and praying for sleep to take her, to forget it as a stupid prank.
    Click “What was that noise?

Suddenly she felt very uneasy, she tried to move, but her limbs failed her. Her conscience cursed her previous indecision. She lay, paralyzed in fear, not knowing what was scaring her.
    Click There it is again.

It seemed nearer this time, louder , the door is opening.
    Darkness flooded into the bedroom from the hall outside, a shadow followed. She tried to scream out, but the sound trapped in her lungs, only a squeak escaped.

The shadow loomed closer, features remaining indistinct in the darkness. Something shiny caught her eye. Her body continued to fail her; she lay frozen, hardly able to breath.

Afraid, confused,

Swipe

His hand moved across her neck. She fought to catch a breath, but nothing came, her lungs burned, head ached, eyes screwed up in pain, still her body lay motionless on the bed.

Then
    darkness.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

I think i before e except after c . . . and I would post your story here, rather than having the link . . . just a thought . . . OK, 2 thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nameproblem

I edited it to take your advice, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi Tom
    i liked it a lot leaving me wanting more well done excellent description

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

Good stuff. Kinda really want to know more now though.

Advertisement