Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happening with the Beach Boys?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I've been hearing that Brian Wilson wants to keep touring with them, but Mike Love is worried about promoter's and thats why they ended their 50th anniversary tour when it could have been much bigger.

There was also talk of a follow-up to That's Why God Made The Radio, and it would be recorded early next year.

Tbh I'd love to see them before its too late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

karaokeman wrote: »
    I've been hearing that Brian Wilson wants to keep touring with them, but Mike Love is worried about promoter's and thats why they ended their 50th anniversary tour when it could have been much bigger.

There was also talk of a follow-up to That's Why God Made The Radio, and it would be recorded early next year.

Tbh I'd love to see them before its too late.

Mike Love more or less owns the Beach Boys name and the right to tour under it - he been touring for the last 10 years with Bruce Johnston and a bunch of session musicians - when Al Jardine tried to tour as "The Beach Boys Family", Mike sued him.

The other surviving members - Jardine, Brian Wilson and David Marks (who was only on the very early albums) - rejoined for this 50th anniversary tour but it appears Mike has decided that's its just a one-off and he's going to go back to touring with his (presumably much cheaper) session band again afterwards.

Dunno about a new album - seems unlikely now, but I would've said that about the anniversary tour before that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The played a 3 hour set here in London last Friday. Apparently it was amazing!

I thought the new album was still on the cards.

Advertisement