Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you keep your Jobseekers Allowance, while doing a part time postgraduate course?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've recently been accepted, for a postgraduate course. I am currently on JSA, and it sounds likes I can't claim back to education, as my postgrad course, isn't a Hdip in education, and it's not a full time course. Can you still claim JSA, while on a part time course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

For Esme wrote: »
    I've recently been accepted, for a postgraduate course. I am currently on JSA, and it sounds likes I can't claim back to education, as my postgrad course, isn't a Hdip in education, and it's not a full time course. Can you still claim JSA, while on a part time course?

As far as I know yes. As always your better to ask in your local social welfare office as they like to know about any potential 'changes to your circumstances' but from what I know the only factors that influence JSA are income, means test, benefit and privilege from living at home. If you were attending a full-time course then you would either get a grant or a BTEA so I can't see the problem here but better to get it checked out, even just a quick phone enquiry..they won't even know who you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You have to available for and seeking full-time work.
    I guess it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 For Esme

Good idea, I'll give them a quick call so. Thank's very much!

Advertisement