Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any AIX heads in here?

Options
  • 01-10-2012 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, anyone experienced with IBM servers in general? This one just happens to be running AIX. Having trouble installing memory modules into a p520, looking for help if anyone has an idea. Drop me a line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

iregk wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone experienced with IBM servers in general? This one just happens to be running AIX. Having trouble installing memory modules into a p520, looking for help if anyone has an idea. Drop me a line.

What kind of trouble?

No I don't have one of those machines, but if you are looking for memory this might be relevant ....

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=e-server%20p5%20520&Cat=RAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

No I have the memory. I'm just having trouble getting the server to boot with it installed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What kind of trouble?

No I don't have one of those machines, but if you are looking for memory this might be relevant ....

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=e-server%20p5%20520&Cat=RAM

LOOK AT THE PRICE OF THAAAAATTTT!!!!!?!??!!!!

It must be gold plated and hand assembled by virgins or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Khannie wrote: »
    LOOK AT THE PRICE OF THAAAAATTTT!!!!!?!??!!!!

It must be gold plated and hand assembled by virgins or something.

:D Yeah! Something else isn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

:D Yeah! Something else isn't it? :D

Its been years since I've had to boot an AIX server.

Whats the issue ? Have you a console display ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement