Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings a/c - best a/c for interest

Options
  • 01-10-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi guys n gals

I'm jst looking for advice on a matter. I have a couple of savings accounts with aib. I have about 10k in them. Thing is their not getting any interest. Just wondering what the best account to go for. I find the Internet banking handy with aib incase I'm stuck for money to transfer into my current a/c. I have more savings with cred union but mite need that soon for a purchase.

I appreciate any advice I'm not very good at banking matters!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Which savings accounts with AIB are not offering an interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭The Rooster

blondie29 wrote: »
    Hi guys n gals

I'm jst looking for advice on a matter. I have a couple of savings accounts with aib. I have about 10k in them. Thing is their not getting any interest. Just wondering what the best account to go for. I find the Internet banking handy with aib incase I'm stuck for money to transfer into my current a/c. I have more savings with cred union but mite need that soon for a purchase.

For instant access and no conditions re withdrawls the best are:

KBC: 3.25%
    Rabo: 2.75% (2.15% if over €20k)
    Nationwide UK Ireland: 2.5%
    Permanent TSB: 2.5%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Switch all your money to a sterling account in the North. Euro's gonna be worth feck all in the next couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blondie29

Thanks for posts. If I was lodge my money in a long term savings a/c to gather interest would I b able to keep adding money to it if I needed. I jst feel it's wasting sitting in aib account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

blondie29 wrote: »
    Hi guys n gals

Full list of all deposit options here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=90481

• Advertisement
Advertisement