Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet question,will I get paid out?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭

I put 20 euros on Europe to win the Ryder cup this morning at 8/1 will I get paid out if Europe retain the trophy with a 14-14 draw,as USA need 14 and a half to win it.what's the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

The answer is no as a 14 all draw doesn't mean they win it. They just retain the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

You can thank Tiger Woods for your win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Futile question now :)

Fooking lovely,thanks for missing the sitter on the last tiger :---)))))))))

Friend of mine backed Europe on Saturday morning in the bookies and got a price of 5/2 for them to win the Ryder cup,then on Sunday before start of play Europe were 8/1 to win it cause the were 10-6 down.

Question is will he get the 8/1 price?,like the way if u back a horse at 5/1 and write that on the docket and then if the horse wins at a higher price the bookie gives u the higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

bassy wrote: »
    Friend of mine backed Europe on Saturday morning in the bookies and got a price of 5/2 for them to win the Ryder cup,then on Sunday before start of play Europe were 8/1 to win it cause the were 10-6 down.

Question is will he get the 8/1 price?,like the way if u back a horse at 5/1 and write that on the docket and then if the horse wins at a higher price the bookie gives u the higher price.

If only betting worked that way! No he won't unfortunately. The reason you get paid out higher on horses is if their starting price is higher than the price you took. No starting price for golf so he'll get the price on his slip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Have you ever done a bet before?

This should be in the gambling forum not horse racing btw.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Have you ever done a bet before?

This should be in the gambling forum not horse racing btw.

no that was my 1st bet ever and i won is,nt that unreal.
    can,t wait for cheltenham md :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

no that was my 1st bet ever and i won is,nt that unreal.
    can,t wait for cheltenham md :D

Cool, I was thinking that if you thought you friend might get that price.

Not long to go now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Oh look I just found out how to move a thread :cool:

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Oh look I just found out how to move a thread :cool:

G'lad

• Advertisement
Advertisement