Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability sports forum

Options
  • 30-09-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Would any body else like to be a disability sports forum on here?

I was very surprised when I saw there wasn't one, especially since Ireland has some great disability sports people/paralympians!

It would also help for anyone who got inspired to take up sports after our success in the Paralympics - for advice and contacts for teams etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

THe level of traffic on the main accessibility/disability forum is very low, so I can only imagine what it would be like on a sub-forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Perhaps you should for this off one of the main sports forums ?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Great idea. Maybe we could start by getting a sticky a the top with a list of sports and club contacts.

If we all post about the sports we are involved in it should be clear If there is interest in a separate forum.

I recently posted about wheelchair rugby, the post got 120 views but no replies. There was also a post about wheelchair rugby league that had a few replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Perhaps you should for this off one of the main sports forums ?

Oh yeah, that's what I meant - a 'Disability Sports' category in the main 'Sports' forum. Not here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

yep woud be very interested in a disability sports board,am in the middle of joining our local special olympics club,and was doing quite high level RDA equestrianism up until a while ago when we found out online that the riding school was bankrupt, and up for sale and woudnt have told us until they were shutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 padjoe92

There's a huge number of people to be reached that can benefit so much from this.
    I'm involved in Powerchair Soccer and we can offer a sport to so many people who don't have other sporting options but we can't reach them... maybe this could be a place to start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 liz1991

I think a disability sports forum would be a great idea. :)

Advertisement