Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hardware stores in the city?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

I need to get wood and some other bits, and I don't want to go all the way out to Castletroy for B&Q if I can avoid it. There must be somewhere around the city I can grab a few things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I need to get wood and some other bits, and I don't want to go all the way out to Castletroy for B&Q if I can avoid it. There must be somewhere around the city I can grab a few things.

Daly's on William Street.
    Barry's on High Street.
    Joe McKenna's on Parnell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Barry's on High Street.

If your looking for wood, it's probly worth your while going over to B&Q, I can't imagine any of the small hardware stores in town would have a great selection, if they have it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

The wood doesn't have to be anything fancy, even just some crappy MDF or chipboard could work. Thanks, guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Barry's on High Street.

Both Daly's and Barry's are good (never visited Joe McKenna's so no opinion). Don't recall either of them selling wood though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭djdunny

There's a woodworkers store just up the road from hassets cross. If that's more convenient?

• Advertisement

Eh, not really. I'm living right in the city and walk everywhere (No car). Thanks, though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm almost certain Mckenna's has some wood products. Have a vague recollection of heading in there to pick up some bits

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

the best place to get timber is McMahons timber yard, way cheaper than B&Q and its walking distance from the city

Just back from McKenna's, they do indeed have wood. Not the best selection, but I got what I needed any ways. Not a bad store all together, friendly staff.

Advertisement