Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Mac wireless keyboards compatible with any laptop?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone know if MAC wireless keyboards or the wired keyboard with numberpad - if these are compatible with other laptop/desktop computers other that MAC computers? Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

They all work fine. You need Bluetooth for the wireless one. It's Mac by the way, MAC is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

They all work fine. You need Bluetooth for the wireless one. It's Mac by the way, MAC is something else.

Thanks....bluetooth, I know what it is but how do I know if my advent laptop has it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Thanks....bluetooth, I know what it is but how do I know if my advent laptop has it? :confused:

Check your system tray, Device Manager and the Control Panel for a Bluetooth icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Look for a Bluetooth symbol somewhere on the case or and icon in the panel beside the clock on your desktop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Look for a Bluetooth symbol somewhere on the case or and icon in the panel beside the clock on your desktop.

Yep, as I thought, I don't think I have it, searched in control panel and looked for icon...can't see it, my laptop isn't that old....is this unusual not to have bluetooth, I've never needed it before so didn't look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Yeah a lot of basic laptops wouldn't have bluetooth, you can get mini adapters for fairly cheap

http://www.harveynorman.ie/f8t016ng.html

Advertisement