Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo 2009 Roofbars

Options
  • 30-09-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know is there are Ford or Thule roofbars for a Ford Mondeo 2009 hatchback?

I'm about to buy a Mondeo but I'm finding it difficult to find info on how to install roofbars, I couldn't see any screw inserts on the roof of the Mondeo's I looked at!

And do the Estate versions have the roof rails by default? I thought I saw them on one but I can't make them out on any online photos.

My current car has the screw sockets on the roof, Thule provided the aero bars, and they work brilliantly, I'm hoping for the same with the Mondeo.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Does anyone know is there are Ford or Thule roofbars for a Ford Mondeo 2009 hatchback?

I'm about to buy a Mondeo but I'm finding it difficult to find info on how to install roofbars, I couldn't see any screw inserts on the roof of the Mondeo's I looked at!

And do the Estate versions have the roof rails by default? I thought I saw them on one but I can't make them out on any online photos.

My current car has the screw sockets on the roof, Thule provided the aero bars, and they work brilliantly, I'm hoping for the same with the Mondeo.

The Screw inserts are normally hidden by a plastic cover,they can be bought from Ford so they Must fit http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_mondeo_2007-lockable_roof_crossbars_kitsaloon_f_1724805_c_232.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They look like the Thule ones I linked to mondeoman. Think they clamp under the doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Thanks for the responses. I had seen the Thule clamp on bars.

Is there a screw insert?
    I can't see it in the diagrams

These look like clamp ons (in my experience not as reliable or as aesthetically pleasing as the screw in ones).

Can anyone comfirm that the Modeo has crew inserts and that there are roofbars to match?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did a bit of googling and found this

http://www.talkford.com/topic/95609-ford-roof-rack-for-mk-4-hatch/

The ford ones for the hatch and saloon are the clamp on type, same as the ones linked.

Far as I can tell the current mondeo doesn't have the plastic strips like the old model, and also that all estates don't have carriers for roof rails, to fit them you need to drop the headlining and drill the holes for the mounting bolts out and bolt from inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have a Mondeo saloon, open the door and look up inside the door frame. There is a threaded hole for the bars to screw into. I got my bars at team.ie. Using them now for over 2 years carrying a kayak and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

I see now. The clamp actually screws into the underside of the door frame, I spotted hole on Mondeos I looked at alright.

That's all I need.

IMO looks like a regression, inserts into the roof are ideal, but this is good enough.

Thanks all.

Advertisement