Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tresspassers!

Options
  • 29-09-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all,

I tried to find some info about this already but im using my phone and i couldn't see anything related.

Im just wondering what is the position on tresspassers entering an unused building or going onto land and being injured?

Is the owner still liable or did something change in the last few years??

Does it make a difference if some sort of sign is put up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Your phone screen must be pretty small. There is about six bazzilion threads on this. Try searching the forum and internet for the Occupiers Liability Act. The only novel part is if you are specifically referring to an unoccupied building or abandoned land.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Denham

littlelulu wrote: »
    Hi all,

I tried to find some info about this already but im using my phone and i couldn't see anything related.

Im just wondering what is the position on tresspassers entering an unused building or going onto land and being injured?

Is the owner still liable or did something change in the last few years??

Does it make a difference if some sort of sign is put up?

Duty owed to recreational users or trespassers.

4.—(1) In respect of a danger existing on premises, an occupier owes towards a recreational user of the premises or a trespasser thereon (“the person”) a duty—

(a) not to injure the person or damage the property of the person intentionally, and

(b) not to act with reckless disregard for the person or the property of the person,

except in so far as the occupier extends the duty in accordance with section 5 .

Advertisement