Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappies

Options
  • 29-09-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

How many nappies did people have in before the baby was born? Were they all newborn size?

Also can someone explain how the number system works i.e. when does the baby move up nappy sizes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

kitten_k wrote: »
    How many nappies did people have in before the baby was born? Were they all newborn size?

Also can someone explain how the number system works i.e. when does the baby move up nappy sizes?
    I had bought a few big boxes of pampers before baby wait born. I would advise against stocking up too much as you don't know what nappies are going to suit your baby. For example I had bought the pampers new baby and they are still sitting there as they didn't suit my little man and the only pampers I can use on him are baby dry and I had none :) typical!
    The numbers on the packets are the sizes and they also have the weights written underneath the number. I found this all a bit confusing at the start when your in a supermarket and there's so many but go in and have a nose at all the packets! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

In what way would they not suit (sorry a bit clueless here).

How many would you recommend having before the baby comes?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would get 2 packets of newborn size 2 nappies and that is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

kitten_k wrote: »
    In what way would they not suit (sorry a bit clueless here).

How many would you recommend having before the baby comes?
    Don't be sorry I was the same! If you've read any of the other threads on nappies,some babies bums just don't like some brands :) they might get a rash from them. My little fella didn't but he just leaked all the time in the pampers new baby brand(which is what I bought loads of) but the pampers baby dry are totally different and he doesn't leak in them at all. Even just buy one or two small packs of whatever one's you were thinking of. The aldi size one which are for babies up to 11lb I think are only like €2.50 a pack. I find them good and at that price you wouLdn't mind if you didn't get using them all :)
    Hope that was of some help :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Huggies were the best for us when he was born, he was a very skinny baby and leaked out the legs of the other size 1s. He still has very skinny legs and still wears size 1s but at least now all the size 1s fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Gee_G wrote: »
    I had bought the pampers new baby and they are still sitting there as they didn't suit my little man and the only pampers I can use on him are baby dry and I had none :) typical!

Hi, most Tesco's or Dunnes will change them for you if you havnt opened them. Once your just swapping for a bigger size, def worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Don't just go by the number on the nappies, check the size range too!

Eg size 3 Pampers New Baby are only 3kg - 7kg while the size 3 Pampers baby dry are 3kg to 9kg...I made a mistake and ordered LOADS of the New baby ones, I have 250 size 3 New Baby nappies, and at the rate my fella is growing, it looks like I'll be keeping them til/if I have baby number 2!

I'd echo other posters in saying not to stock up too much at the start, you don't know what nappy will suit your baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Same here, don't stock up til you see what suits. If you have a pack of pampers newborn 1's, just try them to start and if they don't suit (ie; leaks despite nappy not being absolutely choca and fastened tight enough) then try another brand.

Different parents swear by different brands. I also found the sizes different between brands.

It's a bit frustrating, I've had many a day where he goes through 3 outfits til I get a different type nappy on him!

At the moment the Aldi ones are great and very affordable.

Advertisement