Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia

Options
  • 29-09-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I have a 2006 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi.

The sensor in the steering rack went about a month ago and I'm looking to replace the steering rack in the next few weeks. The car had been driving fine even though there's a light on the dash to say there's a problem with it.

Then the seat belt sensor kept going off even though the belt was closed. After listening to this for the last month I finally unplugged the sensor from under the drivers seat and everything was fine for 1 day (3 days ago).

Then two days ago all the lights on the dash light up and gave 3 warning bells. When this happened first I couldn't start the car, or it would start briefly and then cut out.

Now if I hold my foot on the throttle when starting the car is will start and drives okay once going but the lights are all still on on the dash.

Has anyone else had this problem or be able to suggest what may be wrong with it? I'm worried that it is an ECU issue which I wouldn't be able to afford to get fixed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Get someone to run a scan on it

Advertisement