Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mamia (Aldi) Nappies

Options
  • 28-09-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I have a little girl she will be 3 in Nov so we are out of the nappy stage, all the way along we only ever used Pampers and the odd time Huggies with her.

I am 26 weeks pregnant with number 2 and i am starting to get my bits and bobs together. My sister had a baby girl 4 weeks ago and she has been giving out stink about the Pampers nappies over the last 4 weeks (she stocked up on lots of these). She says that my niece keeps leaking and they are just terrible. She has bought a pack of huggies and is using these now.

Just bought a packet of newborn nappies in Aldi there this evening, the Mamia one as they were only 3e so cant go too wrong.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with these? If they are good i will pick up a few more and stay clear of the pampers.

I was just mainly wondering do they leak alot, i know i will be changing baby loads esp at the early stages. Do they keep the urine odour in or do you find that they can let off a bit of a smell.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Or if anybody that has a young baby is using huggies, Lidl or boots brand and wants to throw me some advise on nappy brands please do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Aldi nappies are great. My little man is 6 weeks old, we had stocked up on loads of pampers and ended up changing to the aldi ones. The only pampers one's my man can wear are the baby dry, the new baby one are not worth a dam. Its like they are not wide enough or something. Two days he wore the new baby one's and leaked about 5 times! So yes, what I'm trying to say is, yes they are great! :):)
    Oh and sorry, I don't find an odour off them. But then I would change him very regularly anyway cos he pee's a lot. But he has only leaked a handful of times in the aldi ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've used aldi nappies on my son for about a year and they're my favourite. I personally don't find the lidl ones good although others swear by them. I've had to use pampers once or twice since and I hated them. I used huggies on holidays in Spain recently and they were good but expensive. It's hard to compete with €6.99 for 64 nappies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We use Aldi and pampers, we used Huggies at the start as they were the only ones small enough. We've also used Tescos and Boots, Boots are the only ones we wouldn't use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Ginny wrote: »
    We use Aldi and pampers, we used Huggies at the start as they were the only ones small enough. We've also used Tescos and Boots, Boots are the only ones we wouldn't use again.

Also nappies great. Can't believe huggies are so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I had my 5 month old in pampers in the begining and had no problems, then started using aldi or tesco. Find they are better than pampers (thicker and ALOT cheaper). Also tried boots, like ginny would not recomend them. Ended up throwing them out. Started having a few leaks a few weeks ago at night but that was because size 2 was too small and size 3 was too big and my daughter was sleeping from 7-7 so a long time to expect a nappy to last. All good now that the size 3s fitting fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have consistly found Boots nappies by far the best.
    Huggies new born were also good.
    My 2nd child was allergic to lidl and aldi nappies and they were a disaster the lidl more so then the aldi ones.
    Different weeks different nappies are cheaper depending where you shop:-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a packet of newborn huggies for the hospital, and another at home, them my mother had stocked up on the aldi ones for me, one or two leaks but that may have been a clueless parent not putting it on right.

I got a gift of pampers and the very first one leaked but a few weeks later they were fine bar the odd leak - maybe he grew a bit.

Now because Lidl are nearer, I've been using those and they are grand - the odd leak but all nappies leak. If you use napisan to steep the soiled clothes overnight then bung them in with your usual wash you wont have any staining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yep all newborns and young babies will have leaky nappies regardless of the brand. My son used to get poo up to his neck sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Thanks for all the replies everybody. I know that all baby gets leaks and i also remember a few occasions where my daughter literally had poo the whole way up her back. I was just curious if they caused MORE leaks than the pampers or huggies brand even if you are changing them very frequently.

Def think i am going to stock up on some of the cheaper Aldi ones, the pampers can be so expensive. My sister is going to buy a few of the Aldi nappies today so im using my niece as a test baby before this one arrives. Might pick up a packet of small huggies for the hospital meconium stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

+1.

I found them to be very good and very reliable except and didn't leak beyond anything expected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement