Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - only 1mb broadband available on new line

Options
  • 28-09-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, we're in the middle of moving house and we've just had a line installed in the new home. Unfortunately I've been told by eircom that a newly installed line has the capacity of only 1mb broadband. The line we currently have is ok for 6 to 7mb and it's only down the road and coming from same exchange.
    We were hoping to upgrade the line but this 1mb offering is terrible ;(

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

frameclick wrote: »
    Hi, we're in the middle of moving house and we've just had a line installed in the new home. Unfortunately I've been told by eircom that a newly installed line has the capacity of only 1mb broadband. The line we currently have is ok for 6 to 7mb and it's only down the road and coming from same exchange.
    We were hoping to upgrade the line but this 1mb offering is terrible ;(

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi frameclick,

Can you PM me with your tel no / eircom account number and I can look into the speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 frameclick

Sound thanks Mark, pm sent

Sound thanks Mark, pm sent

Hi frameclick,

I PM you back, the line just needed to be re-tested from the exchange for broadband but you should be able to issue the broadband order now.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 frameclick

That's great, thanks for your help Mark. They're transferring my 7mb package over to the new line.

That's great, thanks for your help Mark. They're transferring my 7mb package over to the new line.

No problem :)

If you need us to check the order progress / modem tracking let us know.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement