Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacked!

Options
  • 28-09-2012 6:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas how long support take to get onto a hacked case?
    Just logged in 5 mins ago after about a year and find about 52K gold is gone :(
    Also my priests gear is totally wiped out.
    I havent checked other toons gear yet but their gold is also gone.
    Whats the chances of getting my stuff back?

Needless to say ive setup the authenticator and sms security now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just email tech support or who ever i cant remember, they will ask for your serial code of any blizz product you own tied to your account. I got mine back with in a few hours also fully restored to everything i had prior to the hacking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got my Diablo 3 account back within an hour or two. They seem to have it pretty streamlined at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Submitted a ticket just before i posted here, went out then just came back 10 mins ago and they resolved the issue and i got my gold and gear back.
    Pretty smart support in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

You were pretty lucky that it happened in the last 2 months then ^^ If it was more than that you wouldn't have gotten it back sadly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    You were pretty lucky that it happened in the last 2 months then ^^ If it was more than that you wouldn't have gotten it back sadly.

They said their records show my account was compromised back in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

My account was hacked over a year ago and I got everything back in the space of 24 hours. I would recommend using the security measures available from blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

LOL! after reading this, I said I would log on to my battle.net account and make sure all was ok. Got account locked out notice! Added the security SMS and authenticator just to be safe!

Advertisement