Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone itunes question

Options
  • 28-09-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Howdy. I have an iphone4s and I had upgraded from an iphone4 which I want to give to my son, his phone was stolen. I know you have to connect to itunes in order to unlock the phone with the nac number, but will my itunes recognize the old phone as another phone, or will it try to restore it as my new phone if you know what I mean ? any help appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I don't know what you mean. What is a "nac number"?
    Every phone has a unique identity so iTunes will recognise it as a different phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

The NAC number is what you receive from your provider in order to unlock your phone after you give them your IMEI number.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Foleyart wrote: »
    The NAC number is what you receive from your provider in order to unlock your phone after you give them your IMEI number.

iPhones don't use NAC numbers, the unlock is sent via iTunes directly to the device. As said previously, iTunes recognises each device separately.

Advertisement