Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ATA Premius Taxi Meter Installation.

Options
  • 28-09-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does anybody have idea where i can get install ATA primus taxi meter and printer,I Bought used taxi meter printer and roof sign,many technician don't Install ATA Premius meter and they saying these meter's gone older and they don't fix them.I wd appreciat any idea regarding that ,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

bulty wrote: »
    Does anybody have idea where i can get install ATA primus taxi meter and printer,I Bought used taxi meter printer and roof sign,many technician don't Install ATA Premius meter and they saying these meter's gone older and they don't fix them.I wd appreciat any idea regarding that ,thanks

Why buy meters that are out of date?

Spend the €4-500 and get a new one fitted with the current fare structure and calibrated with a warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Spook_ie wrote: »

Why buy meters that are out of date?

Spend the €4-500 and get a new one fitted with the current fare structure and calibrated with a warranty

Primus is a current product...

www.taximeter.ie for your closest agent

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bulty

pounder770 wrote: »

Thnaks pounder770 for that link.i rang to that no and got apointment for tues to install ATA meter and printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

pounder770 wrote: »

Thnaks pounder770 for that link.i rang to that no and got apointment for tues to install ATA meter and printer.

That's great... Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tekyhead

Thanks pounder,

Not one to post, but just to set the records straight, ATA taximeters were the first to sell MID savvy taximeters in Ireland in 2007, ( also the first in Europe ) all ATA taximeters in Ireland have the current correct tarrif, ( they stuck to the rules unlike others ). As for Spooks comment that they are out of date, not so in fact the the reverse is true, they are designed to be future proof. As for "calibrated" and ATA meters, you might want to read how you could be losing €2,000 to €3000 per year at www.taximeter.ie

Thats the first advert over with...

The good news is that in 2013 you will not need a "technician" to install a taximeter you can install yourself in 15 sceonds and no skill is needed, as simple as plugging in a kettle, and all ATA meters are backward compatible, once more check www.taximeter.ie for updates. So if your meter is ATA branded your lucky, no more refitt fees..... if not think about switching to ATA ( i see the second hand price for the ATA primus range has really gone up since this news got out 3 months ago)

Thats the second advert over with...

Rgrds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bulty

Tekyhead wrote: »
    Thanks pounder,

Not one to post, but just to set the records straight, ATA taximeters were the first to sell MID savvy taximeters in Ireland in 2007, ( also the first in Europe ) all ATA taximeters in Ireland have the current correct tarrif, ( they stuck to the rules unlike others ). As for Spooks comment that they are out of date, not so in fact the the reverse is true, they are designed to be future proof. As for "calibrated" and ATA meters, you might want to read how you could be losing €2,000 to €3000 per year at www.taximeter.ie

Thats the first advert over with...

The good news is that in 2013 you will not need a "technician" to install a taximeter you can install yourself in 15 sceonds and no skill is needed, as simple as plugging in a kettle, and all ATA meters are backward compatible, once more check www.taximeter.ie for updates. So if your meter is ATA branded your lucky, no more refitt fees..... if not think about switching to ATA ( i see the second hand price for the ATA primus range has really gone up since this news got out 3 months ago)

Thats the second advert over with...

Rgrds

Thanks tekyhead for ur info.I am sure aswell that ATA meters are very simple to use and best value for money.
    Do u have any idea Tekyhead about meter calibration?I am new and going for suitability test on monday and from where and which authority will do the meter calibration ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 taximancork

i am sorry but your information is incorrect about the installation.
    not everyone can install the ata meter.you need to be a ata agent as i am one.
    there is jan at pulsar europe also tony at taxicare.ie and myself at taxiradioscork.com you may even have the knowledge to locate the pulse on the vehicle but who will sign off the tti form without inspecting the wiring work?
    as for the plug and play system your talking about..this is not yet out there.but even when it is you still need agents to sign off the work.
    and no agent will sign it off without making sure the meter is safe.
    also there is the matter of changing the reg of the vehicle/calibration etc!
    the ata meter is a great meter and has high mid spec.
    but god help joe soap that tampers with it..when err codes show. as the security is very good on it.
    hope this doesn't upset to many.

Advertisement