Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twelve Tales: Conker 64 new proto footage released

Options
  • 28-09-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Did any of you guys see this? I'm not a big Conker fan, but I know some are. Someone is after releasing 30 minutes of footage of the unreleased Conker game.

Bit of background - originally Conker was to be another kid's game by Rare. However, they got slated for releasing another run of the mill kid's platformer, so went nuclear on the project and turned it into an adults game. (which we all know now as Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Must have been heart breaking for the original game developers, it looked pretty polished and finished.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I posted this ages ago :'(

It looks a bit **** to be honest. As much as I don't like the final game at least it was a bit different to every other Rare 3D platformer at the time. I mean I watched that video for 5 minutes and got 3 cavities.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh did you? Sorry, must have missed it! :(

Yeah it really is saccharine sweet. Almost vomit inducing. I'd say if it was released in that form it would have tanked.

Still, it does always irk me seeing a game so close to being finished unreleased.

Edit - yeah this vid is new as of a week ago! Unless you posted it that recently> :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Edit - yeah this vid is new as of a week ago! Unless you posted it that recently> :D

I posted it in general retro about 2 weeks ago when it was posted on HG101.

I wonder if a few more Rare betas surface, a lot of their games like Jet Force Gemini were in development hell and went through numerous rewrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I cleaned up the video on this a slight bit a week or so ago.

This video is rated for five tooth cavities and a bad case of gum disease.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder how complete the game was before it was rewritten as the excellent game we all know and love now?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

By the looks of things, complete enough to make all the developers weep when it was canned!

Advertisement