Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble installing Java Plugin for Firefox on Mint 12

Options
  • 28-09-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I need to use Revenue's ROS system and in order to do so I need to have the Java Plugin for Firefox working. It isn't so far.

I have checked about:plugins in the FF address bar and there's no mention of Java, so it's not there for sure and the testers say it's not working anyway. Flash player etc. all listed and working fine.

I am 99% sure my FF plugins are located under...
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

...as they all correspond to what's being reported under about:plugins and this seems to be (from googling) where FF loads its plugins from.

I use a JDK as I use this machine for Java Development under Eclipse so Java (6) itself is certainly installed and working.

I closed FF and created a symlink...
    libnpjp2.so

...in...
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

...to point to my Sun Java 6 plugin here...
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.26/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so

(note the location is slightly different to the user instructions given by Sun here because a) my machine is 64 Bit and b) it's a JDK install of Java, not a JRE as I need the JDK for work.)

I restarted FF and it isn't working. What on earth could I be missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I dont have time to check but is there a .mozilla/plugin directory in your home directory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Saganist wrote: »
    I dont have time to check but is there a .mozilla/plugin directory in your home directory ?
    Hi, no there's a .mozilla directory with other stuff in there but no plugins sub directory :(

Advertisement