Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRG DJs

Options
  • 28-09-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Have noticed a few presenter that were once on legal stations are now on this pirate. Forgive me if I am wrong, but to go from a legal paying radio station to some back garden pirate would seem somewhat a bit of a come-down. :confused:

I would have thought that pirate radio was dead in the water, with a very limited amount of on air time?. Some of the weekend djs are fine to listen to, but daytimes are very weak. No structure to it.

I think that the days of pirate radio stations being a training ground for possible legal stations are well and truly over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Mega Buddy wrote: »
    Have noticed a few presenter that were once on legal stations are now on this pirate. Forgive me if I am wrong, but to go from a legal paying radio station to some back garden pirate would seem somewhat a bit of a come-down. :confused:

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

IMO NRG is far from a garden shed operation..

To go from a legal station to nothing is far worse. At leased with NRG although unlicensed there are keeping there skill set alive rather than letting it die so when they do get contracted back to another station they will be able to get back into it with minimal disruption.

By the way legal operators are slashing costs left right and center, the jocks are the ones to sadly face the brunt of the cuts.

Some stations merging together have cost mass job losses and the BCI are doing nothing about it, once the station is still float the BCI don't give a hoots. IE , Spin 1038 and Spin SW morning times and the complete merger of iRadio .

Advertisement