Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant near the O2

Options
  • 28-09-2012 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

It's my brothers 30th in November and we are travelling from Mayo to John Bishop in the O2 and want to go for a celebration meal beforehand. Any recommendations of a nice restaurant near the O2. Show is on a Sunday and the few places I have looked up don't open that day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

T1977 wrote: »
    It's my brothers 30th in November and we are travelling from Mayo to John Bishop in the O2 and want to go for a celebration meal beforehand. Any recommendations of a nice restaurant near the O2. Show is on a Sunday and the few places I have looked up don't open that day.

The MV Cill Airne is quite nice, its the boat on the liffey beside Convention Centre.

Website

Edit: I'm not sure it opens Sundays though

The Gibson Hotel is another option, although I haven't heard anything about the restaurant food. I've had the bar menu and it was quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HenrikL

The Gibson Hotel is just behind the 02 - nice spot but never eaten there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi,

Anything on this page should be handy enough to get to. Not sure how good or bad they are but a quick Google should give you a bit more information on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The only restaurant that is actually beside the O2 is in the Gibson Hotel. I have had bar food and drinks there and it was great. Not sure about the restaurant food. It's a great spot if you want the wow factor, as its has great views over the river and the city. There are a cluster of restaurants at the Mayor Sq Luas stop which is just 2 Luas stops away from The O2. There is Lagoona pub which serves okish food, an Italian restaurant beside it (that I forget the name of) that serves fabulous Italian food. Kudos restaurant which is part of the Clarion Hotel, there is a Milanos, Jurys Inn has a restaurant too but I have never eaten in it. There is also a Malaysian restaurant beside the Jeannie Johnson tall ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 T1977

Thanks a million everyone for your replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Don't really know of any restaurants beside the 02, BUT there are a few really nice ones on Millenium Walkway, which is also 2 mins walk from Jervis St Luas which brings you to the 02!

Thai: Koh, it's absolutely fab and perfect for a special occassion!
    There are also a couple if Italians (Bar Italia is good) and also Cactus Jack's which is fab too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Koh is lovely, but I personally don't like any of the other restaurants in the Italian quarter (except boojum, not really a suitable venue though).

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The only restaurant that is actually beside the O2 is in the Gibson Hotel. I have had bar food and drinks there and it was great. Not sure about the restaurant food. It's a great spot if you want the wow factor, as its has great views over the river and the city. There are a cluster of restaurants at the Mayor Sq Luas stop which is just 2 Luas stops away from The O2. There is Lagoona pub which serves okish food, an Italian restaurant beside it (that I forget the name of) that serves fabulous Italian food. Kudos restaurant which is part of the Clarion Hotel, there is a Milanos, Jurys Inn has a restaurant too but I have never eaten in it. There is also a Malaysian restaurant beside the Jeannie Johnson tall ship.

There is the green room down by the o2. Also harrys bar which opens when gigs are on. I think there is another place next to the green room also so a few places really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

There's Bar Italia in ifsc. The food in the gibson, at lunch time anyway, isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Kudos Bar in the Clarion in the IFSC

Right on the Luas line so handy for your group

I'm talking about the bar, not the restaurant.

They serve Asian food such as Malaysian

Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,574 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Koh is lovely

Cracking place, great prices, fresh food.

Advertisement