Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil burner plumber Cork City

Options
  • 28-09-2012 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    I got my tank refilled there on Wed, and came home yesterday to a leak of oil all over the ground. It seems to be coming out of two tubes connected between the filter and the burner. They are wrapped in metal, and the oil seems to be coming out all along them (there are two, it is deffo coming out of one anyway).
    Can anyone recommend a plumber in the North Cork area (Balckpool) to fix this? Could the company who refilled the boiler have caused this?
    Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boiler break downs

roomey wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got my tank refilled there on Wed, and came home yesterday to a leak of oil all over the ground. It seems to be coming out of two tubes connected between the filter and the burner. They are wrapped in metal, and the oil seems to be coming out all along them (there are two, it is deffo coming out of one anyway).
    Can anyone recommend a plumber in the North Cork area (Balckpool) to fix this? Could the company who refilled the boiler have caused this?
    Thanks very much!
    it sounds like your flexible oil lines have seen there day.they need to be replaced five years after been made.if you have two of them you must have a tiger loop not a filter.turn off your tank and call for a service as well and get both jobs done for better value.tell the guy you get to bring flexible oil lines with him.it wouldn't have anything to do with the oil company.there is lots of guys in your area that could fix it.just look up oil boiler service cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roomey

Hi,
    Yea, just got it fixed. He offered a service but I didn;t go for it. It would be good value tho!
    It was the flexible lines indeed! Thanks for the message!

Advertisement